Leidos Civil Group has an immediate opening for an Enterprise IT/Data Center Modernization Solutions Architect to join our Office of Technology team in support of our federal civil customers. In this role, you will help our customers solve their most demanding challenges by adopting and exploiting current and emerging enterprise IT and data center modernization capabilities by delivering their mission in a more cost effective, resilient, secure, compliant and adaptive manner.
The ideal candidate provides leadership in building a portfolio of offerings and capabilities that encapsulates Leidos’ and partners’ intellectual property to address current and emerging demand signals in the federal civilian IT market for enterprise IT and data center optimization. The candidate will ensure Leidos differentiation of scale, security and speed feature prominently in positioning of our major capabilities. The candidate provides leadership across the spectrum of enterprise IT, including end user services, data center modernization, software defined networking. The candidate leverages modern DevOps powered IT Service Management practices to govern enterprise IT solutions.
The successful candidate will work hand-in-hand with business development, capture management, line management, research and development, and other subject matter experts to develop optimal and differentiated Leidos solutions to be delivered in proposals, on programs, or on research and development projects.
Early in the capture effort, they are responsible for designing, planning, and managing the technical approach and ensuring that it meets the program requirements and customer hot buttons; is competitive, realistic and feasible; is consistent with staffing and pricing; and carries acceptable risk. The SA ensures that the technical solution considers management decisions and constraints, and reflects the win strategy, customer intelligence, and competitor intelligence. During the proposal phase, the SA validates the incorporation of the solution in the Technical Volume and supporting Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and provides guidance to the proposal team to ensure proposal products accurately depict the solution. The SA may be involved in orals presentations as well as transition-in activities following award.
In addition to developing solutions, you will help prospective and existing customers and partners understand the value and benefits of the Leidos solution, explain technical features and transformation strategies, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshoot potential problems.
•Provide senior technical leadership for major or strategic Leidos enterprise IT and digital modernization focused captures, establishing the main solution concepts, identifying key elements of solution and approach differentiation
•Build and curate a comprehensive portfolio of enterprise IT and data center modernization capabilities and offerings relevant to the Federal Civil marketplace
•Establish and maintain relationships with Leidos internal teams and key alliance partners to seek, qualify and leverage the best ideas, solutions and models across the company and throughout our community of trusted partners
• Engage with program teams to incubate, build out and sustain relevant IT capabilities, offerings and solutions. Curate these proof points and past performance qualifications for Leidos success stories to deliver our customers’ mission leveraging IT modernization capabilities
•Identify relevant market trends in technology, methodologies and organizational designs
•Act as a Subject Matter Expert for end-to-end enterprise IT and data center optimization
architecture and design, to include cloud migration and zero trust implementation
•May act as technical leader for Internal Research & Development (IRAD) activities
•Shape procurement by presentations to clients and through speaking engagements
•Identify partner alliances to pursue and events for Leidos to participate
•Actively work with partners to shape procurements and future technologies
•Identify offerings to place on GWACs
•Educate teams on the implementation of new enterprise IT and data center optimization initiatives, providing associated training as required
•Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to enterprise IT and data center optimization architectures, security, deployment, and operations
•Act as a champion for Leidos-sponsored security initiatives and training opportunities in order to develop and grow the Leidos security talent pool.
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Information Systems, Information Security, IT, EE, Network Engineering, Computer Science with15+ years of prior relevant experience
• Experience (5+ years) designing, building and curating enterprise IT and data center optimization capabilities and offerings for the Federal Systems Integration market
•Ability to author, present, and articulate problem sets and associated solution elements in settings supporting customers, business development, program delivery, technical teams, and executives.
•Experienced professional in contract performance with demonstrated technical leadership and customer relationship building
•Capable of generating on-contract-growth through insertion of innovation and technology on existing programs.
•Deep industry awareness with leading capability providers to enhance our solutions offerings and close gaps in offerings yielding competitive technical solutions.
• Has a successful track record in providing technical leadership in federal new business pursuits, with over $100M in Total Contract Value wins in the previous 5 years
• Understanding of private/public cloud, hyperconverged infrastructure, software defined networking, end user services, cyber operations, application migration, and data center optimization
• Experience leading the design and integration of enterprise-level technical solutions to include capturing technical requirements and defining technical solutions in the form of conceptual, logical, and physical designs; and the ability to articulate those concepts verbally, graphically and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize solution design information, architectural principles, available technologies, third-party products, and industry standards to formulate a system architecture that meets client requirements and can be delivered within the desired timeframe.
• Experience developing cost models, technical delivery plans, technical solutions and basis of estimates (BOEs), including BOM development. Also develop concept of operations and discuss these models in Agile, federal SDLC or ITIL based terms.
• Extensive experience identifying potential design, performance, security, and support problems, including ability to identify technical risks/challenges and develop relevant mitigation strategies.
• Extensive knowledge of the broad spectrum of technology areas, including technology trends, forthcoming industry standards, new products, and the latest solution development techniques; ability to leverage this knowledge to formulate technical solution strategy.
• Active DoD TS Security Clearance
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Cloud Foundations, Solution Architect, or other Cloud Service Provider Certification
• PMP certification
• Experience winning GSA FEDSIM captures
• ITIL (v3 Foundation or ITIL 4) Certification
• Understanding of the use of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, ‘Everything-as-code’ approaches, DevOps processes and tools, virtual machines, containers, container orchestrators (Docker Data Center, kubernetes, Open Shift, Cloud Foundry), ‘cloud native’ application design patterns, use of AWS, Azure, Salesforce or ServiceNow services in rapidly building workloads, understanding of ensuring security for cloud workloads,
• Understanding of application migration and app modernization concepts and platforms such as rehost, replatform, and refactor; low code/no code platforms and use cases; RPA platforms and use cases
•Experience in implementing zero trust compliant infrastructures
•Experience in leveraging AI solutions to augment human participation in incident management/SRT workflows (AI Ops)
•Understanding of the appropriate process alignment patterns between agile development processes and ‘DevOps’ infused ITIL processes
•Experience in designing and building enterprise IT and data center operations Managed Services, with service descriptions, SLAs, labor estimates and tool estimates
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.