Leidos is searching for an experienced Electrical Engineer to support AFRL’s Dynamic Infrared Missile Evaluation (DIME) Laboratory located on Wright Patterson Air Force Base, OH. The successful candidate will utilize a strong engineering background designing, testing, modeling, simulating, and analyzing the next generation of infrared countermeasure techniques.
This position will support multiple simultaneous research efforts within the laboratory requiring skills including hands-on experimentation, digital modeling using graphical programming, modeling and simulation of aircraft/missile engagements, and large-scale data manipulation and analysis. Addressing our customers’ challenging mission requirements necessitates research and development of new capabilities as well as making improvements to existing systems. The successful candidate will be required to quickly develop an understanding of legacy efforts and engineer improvements to meet new requirements. Additionally, the engineer will be called upon to develop new and innovative solutions to challenging problems, helping our customers provide solutions for the warfighter. The successful candidate will work as part of an integrated team but should also be proficient at conducting independent research.
- Design and execution of electro-optical system testing and characterization
- Execute aircraft/missile engagement simulations
- Perform analysis of large data sets and develop tools for visualization and manipulation of the data
- Work well in a small team environment
- Work on Wright Patterson Air Force Base in a USAF provided laboratory
- Be familiar with Linux, Windows, MS Office tools like PowerPoint and Excel, and math software like MATLAB
- Participate in flight tests to assess infrared countermeasure techniques
- Brief project results at workshops/conferences
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering discipline (aeronautical, electrical, optical, or similar) and 7 or more years of experience in the EO/IR field, preferably IRCM, performing modeling and simulation or system testing.
- Must be a US Citizen and can obtain a Top-Secret security clearance (no clearance needed to start)
- MATLAB and/or Python programming experience
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Master’s degree (or higher) in an engineering discipline
- Current secret security clearance or higher clearance
- Strong statistics education or experience
- Experience with laser sources
- Experience in digital scene generation and projection
- Experience with digital system (DSP, FPGA, etc.) design and testing
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.