Location: Whiteley or Farnborough, UK
We’re ready for you to unleash your potential!..
Leidos UK is seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious Procurement Officer to join our growing team of specialists in delivering high quality services to our government and commercial customers. We love to work with people who have a passion for Procurement with experience across the entire procurement cycle –proposal, administration, compliance and risk management of supplier contracts.
You will be self-motivated and be able to work autonomously or in small teams to achieve day to day objectives with significant results on project or operational deliverables, whilst also supporting a variety of activities to ensure compliance with project milestones and customer KPIs and in accordance with the procurement processes and procedures. As a Procurement Officer you will work within a small supply chain and procurement team, responsible to the Procurement Manager.
We operate a high paced and exciting collaborative working environment where the work you do has demonstrable real world impact. As such we value our staff highly and are committed to training, career development and providing opportunities to progress.
The role is flexible in terms of working location, with working from home (or remotely) possible with occasional visits to our core Defence site and our customer site as required.
- The successful applicant will works within the formal competition process to recommend suppliers to our Customer including:
- Acquisitions of materials, software, services, and maintenance and support requirements.
- Applies procurement knowledge to business requirements to support effective procurement approaches.
- Creates moderate to complex RFP solicitations in accordance with Leidos requirements.
- Evaluates supplier proposal responses.
- Conducts price and cost analysis.
- Evaluates and score supplier responses with regard to pricing and terms/conditions with suppliers.
- Identifies and resolves moderate issues and problems within competition process.
- Analyse risks and identify risk mitigation
- Interacts with stakeholders as required.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with supplier related issues of varying degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Support senior staff and management as directed.
- Occasional travel to Customer sites may be required.
- To be successful and work with our clients you will need to hold or be able to hold UK SC clearance.
- CIPS or studying for CIPS
- Successful track record of managing a variety of procurements, interfacing with internal customers, other functional support staff, and suppliers.
- Strong organisational, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills, strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions
- Experience in the bid and new business proposal phases of a programme.
- Experience of MoD or Commercial formal competition processes an advantage but not essential
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you...
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.