We are currently seeking a Technical Writer to join the Compartmented Enterprise Services Office (CESO) effort. This program is establishing a modern secure web service (SWS) operation as part of a state-of-the-art, highly automated platform capable of supporting a rapidly expanding customer population. Due to the secure nature of the program all system changes, plans, and designs require detailed documentation prior to execution. This requires ongoing sustainment of system CONOPs, network diagrams, knowledge management artifacts, etc.
This position is based in Arlington, VA and is 100% on-site.
- Responsible for intermediate-level writing, editing, proofreading and/or providing writing support on non-technical and/or technical documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures, CONOPs, network diagrams, knowledge management artifacts, etc.
- Effectively communicate with authors, sponsors, and leadership
- Translate technical material into easy to consume material for end-user
- Document and maintain training materials
- Provide intermediate-level technical writing and editing of the continuous development and continuous integration to include operational engineering and integration, release management, implementation & migration, and training & knowledge transfer
- Candidate must possess an active DOD TS/SCI
- Bachelor's and 4+ years of relevant experience, including experience in technical writing and editing supporting the federal government. Add'l experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong organizational skills
- Technical savvy, including the ability to understand and/or pick up virtualization environment operations
- Works independently or as part of a team
- Communicates with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, technical leaders, etc)
- Explains solutions, practices, and procedures to others in the organization
- Experience working in a high op-temp, top secret environment
- Prior experienced with DISA and DISA’s support to mission partners
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.