At Leidos, we help our customers execute programs for the world’s most critical missions. We respond to opportunities and deliver next generation of agile, cohesive solutions for today’s rapidly changing environment. Leidos has an opening for an Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to promote the direct coordination of information, activities, and functions while providing hands-on management for delivery of Information Assurance (IA) Activities in support of a federal customer’s needs.
The Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) will establish and document standard security procedures in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements. The ISSM will coordinate appropriate parties on system security compliance. The ISSM will be accountable for implementing, maintaining, and supporting RMF Information System ATOs. They will conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures. This will include, but nor be limited to ensuring that all software, hardware and firmware changes recorded as required by established configuration management procedures. The ISSM will ensure implementation of security features for the detection of malicious code, viruses, and intruders (hackers), as appropriate. Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with applicable governing policies and procedures.
Location: This position is primarily telework but will be required to report to office approximately 1-2 days per week in Silver Hill, Maryland.
What you’ll do:
- Act as ISSM for multiple systems and programs to ensure system support needs are met for certification & accreditation, system implementation, operation & maintenance, and IA compliance.
- Guide investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to both the Facility Security and Senior Program Managers
- Creating and maintaining all documentation associated with RMF process for supported systems to include -- System Security Plans (SSP), Security Control Traceability Matrix (SCTM), and Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M).
- ·Insuring proper protection or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered.
- Answering to security incidents and for investigating and reporting security violations and incidents, as appropriate.
- Work with external entities to maintain the authorizations of existing systems and networks.
- Ability to work objectively or as a team.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a cyber related discipline and 8-12 years of prior relevant work experience within IT/Cybersecurity
- 5+ years of experience steering Assessment and Authorization (A&A) and Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) activities
- Extensive knowledge with application and cloud security within cloud computing infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of RMF and vulnerability/compliance scanning tools
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
- CISSP, CISM or GSLC Certification are highly desirable
- Knowledge and familiarity with the fundamental of agile project management
- Security hardening scripting/automation experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.