Leidos Corporate Group is seeking a candidate to join our Enterprise Application team as a Unified Communications Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting our Enterprise Application Unified Communications systems, including a hybrid Exchange On-Premises and Exchange Online deployment in GCC High configuration, Microsoft Teams in GCC High and Proofpoint Email Defense.
Major initiatives that you will support include:
- Executing the UC migration strategy for Office 365, including the standup of multiple M365 commercial tenants to support the migration of our Global units to the cloud
- Enhancing and maturing the security model and architecture for UC systems, including Email and Teams
- Executing against our Office 365 roadmap
- Maturing our M365 GCC High processes and capabilities
- Provide Engineering support for Leidos Email systems, including Exchange On-Premises, Exchange Online, Proofpoint Email Protection and other related technologies
- Provide Engineering support for Microsoft 365 Teams and other related technologies
- Support the development and execution of roadmaps and strategy for Unified Communications systems
- Support Merger & Acquisition efforts for the company related to Unified Communications systems, including planning and execution of migration/integration efforts for both Email and Teams workflows
- Act as a senior escalation point of contact for the Leidos operations team and support organizations
- Deliver concise and accurate engineering documentation including design artifacts, knowledge guides, and operating procedures
- Partner and collaborate with sister organizations including Corporate Information Security, Monitoring, Authentications Operations, and Infrastructure teams to ensure integrated and fully vetted solutions
- Bachelor’s degree and 8-12 years of experience related to IT Unified Communications. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Five years minimum experience managing an enterprise level Exchange environment
- Two years minimum experience supporting Microsoft Office 365 applications such as Exchange or Teams
- Experience with administration and support of Proofpoint Email Protection Suite
- Proven success supporting IT service delivery in a highly secured and large-scale enterprise
- PowerShell scripting knowledge/experience
- Experience with Microsoft 365 and Hybrid Exchange configurations
- Strong understanding of engineering and service methodologies and processes (ITSM, ITIL, etc.)
- Extensive experience supporting the architecture, engineering, and sustainment of various Unified Communications services and platforms, such as:
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Teams
- Email Security Gateways (Cisco IronPort ESA / Proofpoint Email Defense, etc.)
- Office 365 (GCC High / Gov cloud experience preferred/desired)
- Microsoft Outlook client support
- Experience transitioning on-premises Unified Communications services to Office 365
- Familiarity with US Government IT security principles such as NIST, CUI, CDI, ITAR, DFARS, DISA, STIG, FedRAMP, GCC, etc.
- Experience supporting Exchange in a FedRAMP, GCC/GCC High environment
- Azure AD experience/knowledge
- Skype experience/knowledge
- Exchange certification
- Security+ certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.