Leidos Corporate has an immediate opening for a Network Security Engineering and Operations (NSEO) Senior Manager.
In this role, you will provide the leadership and supervisory roles for a team of network security engineers and operations analysts to deliver enterprise class network security solutions across the global Leidos corporate network. Technology areas covered include as firewalls, IPS, tap aggregation, content filtering, and security automation tools. We're looking for a candidate who can support this role from one of our following locations: Orlando - FL, Reston - VA, or Gaithersburg - MD.
As a Senior Manager, you will act as a key representative for the team within the Leidos corporate and line organizations. The Senior manages the day-to-day tasking of the teams and guides the careers of the team members within the organization long term. You will frequently work with other leaders, senior leadership, and key personnel across the business. Additionally, there is also some delegated responsibility for operating budgets, as well as interfacing with external vendors.
Typical activities of the NSEO teams include project work and service enhancements, moves/adds/changes for daily operations, and responding to critical incidents.
- Lead a team of motivated network security engineers and operations analysts in monitoring, supporting, building, troubleshooting, and updating the network security capabilities that protect Leidos’ core networks and information.
- Act as key representative for network security technology and processes to defend the global Leidos network.
- Work closely with leadership to develop operating plans, manage some budget areas, communicate regular updates and statuses.
- Ensure that work across the teams is aligned to prioritize the business needs on a continual basis.
- Work closely with parallel organizations in the business to ensure the engineering teams are successful and delivering results.
- Bachelor's Degree and 12+ years of relevant experience, including 4+ years of experience in an enterprise security or infrastructure engineering role. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- US citizenship is required and eligible for federal security clearance.
- Must have experience within Leidos CIO Services’ Corporate Information Security (CIS) group.
- Experience training or leading technical professionals.
- Experience operating in or supporting large enterprise networks.
- Strong knowledge of network security concepts
- Strong communication skills; person in this role must be able to successfully communicate with management personnel, technical personnel and third parties
- Experience with common enterprise firewall vendors
- Experience with common enterprise network tapping solutions
- Experience with cloud IaaS solutions such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
- Experience with a firewall policy management tool such as Tufin, Algosec or Firemon
- Demonstrated knowledge of common information security management frameworks such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT and NIST and an understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Payment Card Industry/Data Security Standard.
- CISSP Certification or other cyber security certifications are a plus.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrate poise and ability to act calmly and competently when encountering technical and non-technical challenges.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.