Leidos is looking for a full time Financial Counselor to join our Human Health and Performance group.
This position is perfect for an experienced professional seeking a rewarding and challenging opportunity providing guidance, education and planning financial services for the men, women and families of the Military and Intelligence Community.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provide financial counseling and assistance to identified individuals.
- Evaluate individual or family income and expenditures and provide recommendations for short- and long-term actions to achieve financial goals
- Provide assistance to help improve, establish and rebuild credit, organize finances including empowering personnel to budget and manage their debt, savings, benefits, and taxes to efficiently meet financial goals for the short and long term.
- Regularly provide follow-up one-on-one financial counseling as needed
- Personal budget/financial planning to reduce, eliminate, and avoid debt and to achieve solvency and stability.
Educating military families on the importance of maintaining excellent credit histories and ratings.
Teaching Service Members to make informed decisions and to be aware of associated costs such as insurance, maintenance, fuel costs, etc.
- Masters Degree and at least 6 years of professional financial counseling experience
- Must possess a Nationally recognized and accredited Financial Counselor Certification
- Candidate must possess current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph or be willing to enter the clearance process which can take 18+ months.
- Ability to use sound professional judgment, ethical practice, and common sense. Ability to develop, implement, and evaluate financial needs of individuals and families.
- Experience with one-on-one financial counseling
- Ability to develop trusting helping relationships
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills and very detail-oriented
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.