Join a team committed to a mission!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Defense Group at Leidos, supporting the Surface Sonar Program, is seeking a Systems Engineer to support United States Navy’s Undersea Warfare (USW) Systems. The Surface Sonar program is based in Dam Neck, Virginia Beach, VA, and is responsible for supporting the SQQ-89 Sonar System and related equipment for the In-Service Engineering Agent. We are seeking resilient, innovative team-players with a reputation for excellence.
*This position is on site at Dam Neck with the potential of 25% travel.
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Responsibilities – Work you’ll do:
- System modernization projects in the field of electrical, mechanical, or information technologies in support of overall team goals.
- Identify the cause of equipment outage and repair the equipment if possible. If immediate repair is not possible, the candidate will support the team in developing a course of action to return the equipment to service and provide status until complete.
- Perform installation, evaluation, and testing of Sonar systems to include, electrical/electronic systems, combat systems, and HM&E equipment associated with shipboard Sonars.
- Plan and conduct projects for Sonar equipment of various scopes.
- Review installation drawings and electronic schematics to evaluate plans and troubleshoot issues discovered.
- May supervise small technical team during execution of a project.
- Train and mentor junior technicians.
- Review test procedures and technical documents, providing feedback and recommendations for change.
- Conduct tests and analyze results.
- Ensure serviceability of equipment delivered to installation activities.
- Provide care and protection, maintenance, and inspections of delivered equipment or material.
- Prepare reports detailing progress, remaining work to be completed, and issues encountered.
- Participate in and make recommendations to various working groups.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer related field from an accredited program with 2+ years of applicable experience (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree)
- 2+ years of experience in engineering development and product lifecycle management
- Experience in administering Linux network environments using technologies such as VIP, PXE, load balancing, and failover
- Strong experience with bash scripting (minimum 2 years)
- Possess one or more of the following certifications: A+, Security+ Network+, CCNA
- Strong networking experience with VLANs, ACLs, VPCs, Routing and Cisco hardware/software troubleshooting
- Strong engineering analytical and technical writing skills with demonstrated experience authoring technical reports and supporting design reviews
- An understanding of the systems engineering process to move from requirements to hardware selection and integration
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills with ability to present data and explain results to leadership, subordinates and peers
- Ability to effectively work within a multi-functional and diverse team.
- Ability to obtain and maintain passport
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education – Favorable if you have:
- SQQ-89 A(V)15 system experience
- Fiber troubleshooting experience
- Experience in maritime or afloat system integration
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, perform engineering calculations and analyze engineering data related to process controls and operations.Clearance Required:
- Must be able to maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Must be able to maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.