The SMIT Service Desk RDM Team has an opening for an experienced technician to work in our Norfolk, VA office. This team provides Tier I and II technical software, hardware and network problem resolution for clients by performing problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions or may provide expertise to solve first and second tier technical support issues for end-users of the organization's products and services.
- Use automated information systems to analyze routine situations.
- Review incoming requests, both computer generated and verbal, then sort, code and take initiative to prioritize tasks for proper action to manage time efficiently.
- Resolve problems independently or collaborate with team mates to resolve issues. Escalates to next tier technical support as necessary.
- Supports users by fulfilling individual requests for information and/or training in the utilization of the various databases available.
- Instructs users in the use of PCs and networks.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills to quickly understand complex systems.
- Work on many tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment.
- Interact with individuals on all organizational levels.
- Develop and strengthen peer mentoring skills.
- Demonstrate excellent phone and email support with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- High school education or equivalent and 1-3 years general experience, or equivalent combination of experience and college level education
- Minimum of 6 months of tenure with the NMCI Service Desk
- Individuals on a Performance Improvement Plan or Attendance Warning will not be considered
- 8570 certification - CompTIA Security +CE
- Three months or more experience supporting NNPI and/or SIPR in a Tier 1 role.
- Ability to attain Flank Speed Tier 1.5 qualification within 30 days.
- Superior skills in both written and verbal communication.
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerShell
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of computer and networking technology.
- Ability to effectively document issues, troubleshooting steps, and resolutions implemented.
- Understands NMCI internal structure, processes and tools.
- Proficient with HPSM ticketing and Knowledge Management System.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Able to work assigned shifts as needed, including overnights and weekends.
- Candidates Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related IT or equivalent work experience 2 years of experience on NMCI Service Desk
- Candidates with fewer than 4 attendance occurrences in a rolling 90-day period
- Candidates with strong metrics in PAR and AHT
- Proactive learner who takes ownership of their own growth and career development
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.