Leidos is hiring for a USAF Business Development Director in our C4ISR Operation.
C4ISR is an Industry-recognized leading solutions innovator providing transformational end-to-end business models that lower costs, improve efficiencies, and contribute to our customers’ success. Focus areas include: Command & Control, Mission IT and networking, cloud computing & migration, Intel analysis, SECDEVOPS and modeling and simulation. This critical role, will include responsibility for all aspects of business development to include pipeline development and account strategy for the for the C4ISR operation to the USAF. To these ends, the selected individual will have opportunities to lead efforts for identification, qualification and capture of specific opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth to support the Division’s and Operation’s forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will recommend and implement BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth. This individual will lead a team of professional business development managers and help the BD VP drive growth and manage the pipeline for the USAF and a division. Ensuring we have short, mid and long term opportunities spread across the divisions and resources and will help drive growth goals for the business.
- Demonstrated success in growing USAF C4ISR Business
- Grow and qualify the opportunity pipeline, to include existing as well as adjacent markets/customers, through diligent and timely identification/qualification of new business opportunities by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter and intra-company collaboration
- Support development of growth plans to ensure alignment with strategic goals
- Lead and participate in the identification, qualification and pursuit of strategic business opportunities
- Develop internal cross-organizational relationships and drive new growth through collaboration with the other Operations
- Obtain market intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies that maximize the value of that intelligence
- Participate as a thought leader in bid decisions, gate reviews and the development of cost strategies
- Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers across a diverse business portfolio
- Establish Trade Show and Sympoium plan
- A Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 10 years of leadership experience working in aerospace & defense, government services and/or other professional services executing all aspects of business development, program capture, planning, and execution
- Demonstrated success in leading and growing DoD services business
- Can provide at least one example of leading opportunity captures >$100 million including: developing overall win strategy, shaping deals with customers, developing team strategies, understanding pricing and assisting in developing winning price
- Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders with DOD Customer
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries
- Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the company's growth strategy
- Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market
- Experience in budget management of New Business Funds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; experience presenting to senior executives, peers, and customers
- Proven experience working with geographically diverse teams; strong coaching and mentoring skills. Ability to achieve results through others. Possess the skills and ability to empower and engage people and instill drive and passion into the organization
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Management of Pipeline in excess of $4B in opportunities
- Top Secret clearance
- Completed professional training in Business Development Management
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.