Leidos is seeking a Solution Architect (SA) with strong emphasis on data science and cloud-based web services deployment of AI based to support our Social Security Administration (SSA) customer. The SA will lead development of systems architectures and analytics workflow modernization efforts that require data science, six sigma applications, and modern software solutions to bring differentiated capabilities to SSA customers. This position requires a technical leader who is ready to both roll up their sleeves to solve hard, interesting problems as well as step back and set a technology vision for growing the business. You will be empowered to make necessary decisions but will also have the support from the business and a broad technical workforce to accomplish your responsibilities.
The SA will be responsible for building and refining technical solutions in the areas of Agile software development, networking, datacenter/hosting, cloud services, and other managed services across ongoing contracts. Additionally, the job requires a strong background in Data Scientist and moving applied research in several fast-moving fields into production. You will enjoy cutting-edge work developing creative solutions to address data analytics challenges, to collect large volumes of data from varying sources, clean and interpret data, create solutions to overcome challenges, and communicate with interested entities. Join a tremendously talented technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
In addition, the successful candidate will provide leadership in pursuit of new business identifying key Leidos discriminators to address through partnership or new capability development. This position can be located remotely or in our Baltimore MD locations.
Your passion and values might be a good fit for our teams if you answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Are you looking for a company that puts employees first, with a focus on career, flexibility, and well-being?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teammates and believe that the best ideas are fostered in an inclusive environment?
- Are you searching for a team with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive for daily mission success?
- Are you comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership?
- Do you enjoy being a catalyst, solving complex problems, and providing innovative solutions?
- Do you have the flexibility, creativity, and resilience to pivot the mission for success?
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our teams are dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Experienced engineers will be assigned to new hires for one-on-one mentoring, collaborative code reviews, and coaching on customer engagement to help each new hire successfully onboard and demonstrate their skills. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and will help you further develop your skillset.
Foundation for Success (Basic Qualifications):
This experience is the foundation a candidate needs to be successful in this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Masters or Doctorate degree may substitute for required experience
- 7+ years of experience with Java systems/application analysis and design
Factors to Help You Shine (Required Skills):
These skills will help you succeed in this position:
- Machine Learning: Clustering, Time-Series Analysis, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Classification, Regression
- Big Data: Kafka, Hadoop, Zookeeper, Zeppelin, Hive, Spark
- Databases: Postgres, Greenplum, DynamoDB, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MongoDB, Elastic
- Tools: Visual Studio Code, Jupyter Notebook, Postman, Pega, WebFOCUS, Tableau, Maven, Git
- Cloud Service: EC2, EMR, R, Lambda, AppSync, GraphQL, OpenSearch, VPC, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Cognito, Docker, Sage Maker, GLUE, S3
- Relevant experience in designing/implementing machine learning, data science, and advanced analytical algorithms.
- Statistical analysis (e.g., variability, sampling error, inference, hypothesis testing, EDA, application of linear models), data management (e.g., data cleaning and transformation), data mining, data modeling and assessment, artificial intelligence, and/or software engineering is an absolute plus.
- An ongoing relationship with customer technical staff and decision makers is strongly desired.
How to Stand Out from the Crowd (Desired Skills)
Showcase your knowledge of modern development through the following experience or skills:
- Current SSA Suitability
- Current Leidos Employee
- Delivery (CI/CD) best practices and use of DevOps to accelerate quality releases to Production
- PaaS using Red Hat OpenShift/Kubernetes and Docker containers
- AWS cloud technologies or AZURE & GCP cloud technologies
Day to Day Responsibilities:
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams and contribute to our communities. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Find your “Why” with us!
- Employ highly creative solutions to address data analytics challenges to our mission, to collect large volumes of data from varying sources, clean and interpret data, create solutions to overcome challenges, translate these into customer-relevant solutions, test and deploy in concert with the customer and communicate with interested entities.
- To succeed in this position; you need to be curious, creative, and tech-savvy. You need to stay up to date with data programming software and apps, have an outstanding understanding of statistics and mathematics and be proficient in writing algorithms. You must be persistent and have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Devise strategies for extracting meaning and value from large datasets.
- Make/communicate principled conclusions from data using mathematics, statistics, computer science, and application specific knowledge.
- Make informed recommendations regarding competing technical solutions through awareness of the constantly shifting collections, processing, storage and analytic capabilities and limitations.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field and 8 years of relevant experience or master’s degree and 6 years of relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world. Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today! ITSSCII
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.