Leidos is seeking talented CNC Programmers to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Leidos provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The CNC Programmer must be capable of reading and interpreting engineering drawings and CAD models to produce unique precision parts. The ideal candidate should have exceptional attention to detail and experience in programming, setup, and operation of a variety of machine tools, including CNC mills and CNC lathes. Experience in manufacturing exotic materials, such as super alloys, is a plus. Experience in 5-axis and/or mill-turn experience is a plus. Applicant must be able to work on different projects in an ever-changing, rapid paced manufacturing environment with little or no assistance.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing methods
- Read and interpret drawings with GD&T
- Setup, program, and operate CNC lathes/mills with little to no assistance
- Recognize, deploy, and properly use inserts, fixtures, and tooling
- Understand, interpret, and edit G-Code programming
- Resolve complex problems and issues faced with prior experiences and/or organizational knowledge
- Communicate (verbal and written) thoughts and ideas to co-workers and management
- Communicate honestly, professionally, and respectfully with others, and demonstrate effective listening
- Provide constant feedback and input to process improvement within department
- Actively engage in collaborative discussions
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Candidate must possess a High School Diploma or GED with three (3) years of experience with machine tool technology and/or credentials verifying formal training in machining technology -OR- in lieu of experience, an Associate Degree
- Candidate must be able to work 1st shift with work hours 7:00a – 4:30p
- Candidate must be able to work overtime when required
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (or the eligibility to obtain) and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- 5-Axis and/or Mill-Turn Machining
- Lean Six Sigma training
- Experience with 2D and 3D experience with CAM software; Mastercam experience preferred
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,800.00 - $72,000.00 - $97,200.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.