Leidos has a career opportunity for an Enterprise-Level Infrastructure Systems Administrator with deep experience with deploying, operating, and supporting Enterprise Infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working within an Enterprise-Class Hybrid-Cloud environment with VMware and commercial clouds.
This is a remote position that may require travel to Orlando -FL, Dallas - TX, Reston - VA, or other locations to attend meetings or perform work in the Data Centers.
The Infrastructure Systems Administrator will perform a variety of assignments associated with Storage, Computer Hardware, and Virtualization.
An ideal candidate should exhibit the following abilities:
- To think strategically to assist the management team in developing multi-year Roadmaps
- To work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives
- To work well in a team environment
- To work in a Scaled Agile Framework and participate in Agile Team events.
- To work with leads in other sub-systems, customers, and process owners to ensure solution integration
- Produce and maintain environmental server sub-systems documentation, including design documentation, engineering analysis, and capacity/performance plans
- Explore new technologies, and make recommendations for their introduction into the data center environment.
- Troubleshoot and manage problem resolution including root cause analysis.
- Adhere to company policies and processes including change control, security, corporate policies, ITIL, and Sarbanes Oxley 404.
- Provide after-hours on-call support in a rotation.
- Having a customer service focus is a MUST.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical discipline and 4+ years of experience; OR an Associate’s degree coupled with 6+ years of experience; OR a High School diploma coupled with 8+ years of experience.
- Solid knowledge and experience working with IT systems and is expected to already have in-depth specialized knowledge of specific IT systems engineering processes and practices.
- Server management utilities, such as HP OneView, Dell OpenManage Enterprise, HP Virtual Connect, and Dell OMIVV
- HP Proliant Blade experience and/or HPe Synergy
- Dell FX2 and/or PowerEdge
- Cisco UCS
- SAN and SAN-based Arrays
- Network-based Storage utilizing CIFS/NFS and Object Storage
- VMware enterprise-level experience. Examples of enterprise experience include: Distributed virtual switch and VMware VSAN
- Other Enterprise suite products such as vRealize Operations Manager, vRealize Log Insight, and vRealize Network Insight
- VMware VSphere Enterprise 6.x+, VMware NSX, VMware vSAN for hyper-converged platforms, and VMware Cloud Foundation.
- Experience planning and leading VMware migrations.
- VMware Automation tools such as PowerCLI, Orchestrator, and vRealize Automation
- Additional scripting languages such as Python or BASH
- Experience with SAN/Storage/Networking (NetApp, Isilon, 3PAR, or Unity, Cisco and Arista Networking experience)
- VMware on Cloud experience
- AWS and/or Azure Design and significant Operations experience
- MS Windows 2016 / 2019
- Linux: RHEL 8 and/or Ubuntu 20 experience
- Splunk Query/Dashboard creation
- Worked in an ITIL environment
- Formal system engineering process/educational experience, such as INCOSE and COBIT models
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels of staff and management
- Ability to estimate the level of effort of initiatives
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, develop relationships, and obtain a consensus among interested parties
- Ability to develop peer networks across an enterprise to maintain technology awareness and to support the resolution of problems.
- Ability to lead architectural design discussions, and carry those designs through deployment and into operations.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline deployments
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.