UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a motivated, experienced, and innovative Accountant to join our Accounting and Business Operations (ABO) team, which is primarily located in Virginia, Arizona, Alabama and Tennessee. As a core member of the ABO team, you will be an integral team member in providing critical support in the areas of accounting and financial reporting for our leasing and commercial real estate function. This is a highly visible position providing strong opportunities for advancement. This role will also allow telecommute with potential for in-office engagement and training activities.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Accounting and Business Operations will support the Mission, Vision, and Values of Leidos in a collaborative, transformational and inclusive team environment with the goals of optimizing cash flow, delivering accurate financial results, maintain a high standard of transparency and compliance for our stakeholders.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Proactively assist with the monitoring of 500+ active leases
- Preparation of journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of monthly lease accounts roll-forwards
- Analysis of complex voluminous data to facilitate accurate financial reporting
- Work collaboratively with employees, vendors and customers, often in a global environment
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation
- Provide fluctuation analysis and explanations for movements in assigned accounts
- Conduct research to support complex accounting situations
- Willingness to independently study standards and concepts with the goal of shortening the learning curve
- Collaborate with other accounting teams with opportunities to support other accounting areas, tasks, and ad-hoc projects
- Recommend and implement process improvements as appropriate to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts
- Assist with preparation of disclosures included in the Company’s 10Q/10K SEC filings and quarterly supplemental reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, with 2-4 years of accounting experience or a Masters of Accounting with less than 2 years of prior Accounting experience.
- Strong knowledgeable of accounting principles, specifically GAAP
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven with ability to work independently and collaboratively with others with minimal oversight
- Ability to work in deadline driven conditions with ability to juggle shifting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of personnel
- Strong computer skills including intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Flexible work schedule and willingness to provide additional support during priority reporting periods
- Strong accounting skills
- Experience with publicly traded company
- Government contract experience
- Deltek/Costpoint experience
- Costar experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $75,000.00 - $101,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.