The Leidos Cybersecurity, Architecture, and Engineering (CAE) organization has an immediate opening for an experienced, and motivated Cybersecurity AWS Cloud Engineer Sr. This role can be supported remotely or from one of the following locations: Gaithersburg, MD, Reston, VA or Orlando, FL.
The Cloud Engineer Sr will lead with the development and implementation for AWS cloud security architectures for deployed into various cloud, on-prem, and hybrid systems. The position will directly contribute to the implementation of global security cloud architecture. The candidate’s primary responsibilities include design validation, compliance, and communicating architectures that adhere to regulatory requirements and Leidos best practices. There are a lot of opportunities for creativity and innovation as you work with industry leading, enterprise grade security products, to develop solutions.
- Work with Leidos Corporate customers to understand their needs and design appropriate environment controls to provide solutions that adhere to security standards.
- Provide expertise regarding AWS, Azure AD, APIs, and security best practices.
- Provide technical governance and regulatory compliance validation for Leidos environments.
- Assess systems architectures currently in place and work with technical staff to recommend cybersecurity controls to improve it.
- Resolve technical security design issues as commercial enterprise solutions and business needs evolve.
- Continually research current and emerging security technologies and propose changes where needed.
- Work closely with fellow Cybersecurity Architects and Engineers on our team with different areas of expertise (Networking, Endpoint, Application, Cloud, Mobile, etc.).
- Develop a set of reference architectures over time that can be used across customer engagements.
- Adapt these models to keep up to date with regulator standards (e.g., NIST 800-171, CMMC, Privacy, among others).
- Lead design validation, compliance, and communicating architectures that adhere to regulatory requirements and Leidos best practices.
- Responsibilities may include other cloud platforms and SaaS integration.
- Implement core and cloud infrastructure security to manage risks and exposure.
- Support clients with data protection, IoT, and overarching cloud capabilities.
- Perform cyber reconnaissance to illuminate a potential attack surface area.
- Provide threat and vulnerability management to federal clients and teams.
- Analyze tactical network architectures and topologies to assess security risks.
- The position will directly contribute to the implementation of global security cloud architecture.
- Thoroughly document implementations, via technical documentation and run books for the client.
- Provide input and feedback on security architectures.
- Customer facing role – Walk thru to whiteboarding of architecture and implementation planning to stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree and 8-12 years of experience in Information Technology with a real passion for the Cybersecurity field. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will qualify in lieu of a degree.
- Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance and therefor have US citizenship. Individuals do not need to possess any clearance today.
- Demonstrated experience developing and deploying security solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to partner and collaborate with both engineers and customers on architecture vision and security model.
- Implement security architectures for cloud cloud/hybrid systems.
- Possess a firm understanding of the offerings and capabilities within Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Represent Security Platform in the development and implementation of the overall global cloud enterprise architecture.
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
- Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
- Amazon web services experience especially VPC Networking, IAM, KMS, CloudFormation, EC2, API Gateway, Kubernetes, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, RDS, DynamoDB, and Lambdas or equivalent preferred.
- Resident cloud infrastructure subject matter expert researching, implementing and communicating infrastructure-as-code solutions across the Enterprise.
- Ability to utilize a variety of tools like Stash, Git, Nexus, Jenkins, Gradle, Groovy, YML, and AWS security capabilities (WAF, GuardDuty, Security Groups, IAM, etc.)
- Proficiency in scripting programming languages – (i.e., Python, JSON, Ruby, C#, Powershell, YAML)
- Experience with Agile Practices like Scrum, Kanban, CI/CD preferred.
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (i.e., Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible).
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
- Effectively applies knowledge and skills of software development and testing to solve a range of problems.
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc.).
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
- Experience and exposure to threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for the introduction of new technologies.
- A self-starter who can execute at the senior engineering level using a combination of learned skills, personal networking, and grit to achieve objectives.
- Experience with industry standard virtualized networking components (Cloud application firewalls, Cloud Services Routers, Cloud Gateways, etc.).
- Demonstrate poise and creativity while working with other architects in different domain spaces to come to a common solution.
- Knowledge of a broad spectrum of security products and ability to conduct analysis of alternatives to onboard new enterprise capabilities.
All of the below are not requirements but would bring significant value to the team. No candidate is expected to have all of the below:
- Experience and comfort in taking strategic intents and driving technical organizational change.
- 4-5 years' experience with AWS
- Experience authoring enterprise cloud security policies or establishing an enterprise cloud security strategy.
- AWS Certifications
- Experience implementing multi-factor authentication for SaaS applications.
- Experience architecting solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience as a Solution Architect designing, reviewing, and securing environments.
- Information security experience such as a DoD and/or Intelligence Community employee or contractor would be a bonus.
- Knowledge and experience in DFARS; NIST 800-53
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.