The National Solutions Group at Leidos has an opening for a Voice Systems/Hardware Engineer. This position directly impacts go/no go launch decisions to support a client’s requirements in a challenging and dynamic setting located in Melbourne . The Hardware Voice Engineer provides on-site and remote support to critical voice systems directly impacting United States space launches. This position requires a skill level higher than a standard telephony technician. The person applying for this position must also have expertise with servers, network switches, phone systems, and various types of conferencing equipment. The successful candidate will be required to execute, refine, and supervise the processes and procedures of Voice System Engineering operations in a purpose-built enterprise environment throughout the operational lifecycle of customer directed mission applications. The VS/HW Engineer will work in a highly collaborative environment with teammates, key stakeholders and the Government customer to ensure mission continuity and support to the IC community.
Qualified applicants must be able to perform efficiently under dynamic conditions and skillfully navigate continually evolving priorities, facilitating reliable and consistent mission application systems engineering in a complex computing environment. Applicants will exercise comprehensive technical Systems Engineering knowledge in order to meet or exceed prescribed Performance Requirements Standards (PRS). Through the application of deep technical and critical thinking skills, expert knowledge, and highly innovative approaches to resolving complex problems, the ideal candidate will be integral to ensuring the uninterrupted performance and stability of mission processors and their associated Voice Systems Engineering support.
- Provide system level engineering support mission critical IT systems, related telecommunications trunk circuits, voicemail and telephone instrument units.
- Provide systems engineering support to enterprise voice over IP (VoIP) phone systems including Cisco VoIP phone units, voicemail and Call Manager System.
- Provide consistent execution of Voice availability and reliability through the direction of proactive engineering methodologies and request fulfillment activities
- Develop and implement technical solutions through deep analysis and understanding of impact to the end-product/solution
- Ensures the availability of mission critical launch communications systems through proactive voice systems IT systems engineering
- Performs incident and problem management to resolve or escalate issues in order to restore service
- Supports configuration management and change management activities
- U.S. Citizen with an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Current DoD 8570 certification applicable to the position (typically Security+)
- Must understand complex, classified, mission specific communications infrastructure and technology that specifically supports US strategic launch capabilities
- Requires Launch or mission operations experience
- Experience performing voice systems engineering on mission critical systems
- Understand mission critical desktop and communications hardware and software
- Experience supporting configuration management, change management and service transition
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and constructively as part of a team
- Must be willing to perform call-in support as required
- Strong Analytical skills
- SharePoint, ServiceNow
- ITIL Foundations certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.