Here at Leidos, we care deeply about the growth and development of our people. We are seeking a Senior Linux System Administrator, to support the team.
The GEOAxIS system provides Identity, Credential and Access Management for all web applications. GEOAxIS enables online, on-demand, access to NGA GEOINT content based on user’s authoritative attributes/roles. Our Mission is to maintain highly available ICAM services for protecting those critical mission applications across all security domains. The GxNext contract was awarded to Leidos in 2021 and runs until 2031.
- Design, develop, and support cloud initiatives to support customer driven needs
- Responsible for user account management and infrastructure requirements.
- Maintain program owned applications in support of a collaborative environment (JIRA, Atlassian, BitBucket, RocketChat)
- Work as a SME to define network requirements, user metrics, maintenance of our PPSM, and support to development needs.
- Responsible for infrastructure patching and OS baseline hardening
- Manage several environments as a Linux SME providing overall support to the program and working with Enterprise Services to ensure compliance with security services and applications.
- Infrastructure application ownership to include security upgrades, operating system management and various tooling upkeep
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 12+ years of professional experience as a Systems Administrator or similar technical role.
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Two or more years of experience with Amazon Web Services (S3 Buckets, EC2, Reserved Instances, etc.)
- Familiar with System Engineering documentation creation (VDDs, network diagrams, data flows, etc.)
- Experience working with Agile Team Collaboration tools such as (Jira, Confluence, RocketChat)
- Strong Linux background and familiarity with best practices of infrastructure management
- Carrying out deployment, maintenance, monitoring, and management tasks within this implemented cloud structure
- Active TS required to start; SCI/Poly eligible
- Security+ certification or DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
- * * All candidates must be US CITIZENS to be considered for the position
Requires an active Top Secret security clearance upon hire and must meet SCI eligibility. Must be willing and able to obtain a polygraph within the customer’s timeline after hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Experience with AWS and other cloud vendors
- Familiarity with cloud management within an air-gapped environment
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technical performance versus cost management
- Strong knowledge base in EC2, S3, Cloud Formation and other AWS services
- Experience with cloud-based architectures
- Familiar with cross domain architectures at various levels
- Experience with Jenkins, Ansible, and ELK stack
- Experience with automated testing and monitoring
- Experience with Engineering Review Boards and Change Management
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.