Leidos is seeking talented instructional designer students for an internship with our AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 Undersea Warfare System (USW) Installation and Logistics team in Chesapeake VA. Candidate will support a wide range of training development activities, using sound instructional design knowledge and approaches.
- Primary responsibility will be to support the AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 Modernization Training program by developing or updating training material for US Navy Sailors in the function, operation, and basic tactical employment of newly fielded hardware and software configurations used in the US Navy Surface Force.
- Support latest variants, procedural changes, and tactical/technical documentation changes that affect training products, presentations, and events.
- May be involved in assessing fielded training approaches, methodology, techniques, and products to help ensure their effectiveness and efficiency for customer needs.
- Support selection of new and potentially non-traditional technologies, processes and procedures to produce and deliver mission support training materials.
- Support Training Development efforts, including curriculum development for evolving customer needs.
- Support similar Training Conduct and Training Development for Foreign Military Sales customers, as needed..
- Currently enrolled in a degree seeking program from an accredited university in related field of study
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience using SharePoint and MS Office products
- The ability to obtain, and maintain, a DoD Secret clearance
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Experience creating or updating instructional material.
Pay Range:Pay Range $36,400.00 - $56,000.00 - $75,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.