Leidos has an exciting career opportunity for a Network Engineer at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam (JBPHH). The network engineer provides the PA-ESC Network Administration support services; administers the configuration and performance of network assets at the PA-ESC and ensures network infrastructure connectivity through network management toolsets and administrative functions. Possess an advanced level of technical expertise in these toolsets and maintain the appropriate level of networking engineering certification
- Advanced and complex analysis of network and system performance to include the advanced evaluation of network architecture design and configurations with specific expertise in network data transfer protocols and Cisco, Brocade, SolarWinds, and other network management tools.
- Designing, recommending, and implementing the resolution of complex hardware and or software solutions of multiple operating systems to maximize network performance.
- Must have current knowledge of DoD Information Security Policies and Programs for COMPUSEC and INFOSEC, multi-level security, and emerging information warfare concepts, and understanding of military operations, organizations, and operational information requirements in peacetime, crisis, and war.
- Setting up, maintaining, and configuring TDL equipment, interfaces, and connections to AEHF, HF, UHF, SATCOM communications systems and associated cryptographic equipment
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or a related scientific field. Additional years of experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years’ experience in C4I related activities and maintaining classified networks
- Certification and Licensing for Network Users and Certifying Network Professionals are mandatory.
- Understand military operations, organizations, and operational information requirements
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze problems and identify solutions methodically and proactively
- TS/SCI Clearance required
- IAT Level III Requirement: CompTIA Security+ CE and/or CISSP (Sec+ alone insufficient; all PA-ESC engineers require Level III certification)
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills, be customer service oriented, and possess project management skills
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.