The Leidos Intelligence ESOC Group is seeking a a proactive Cloud Engineer to help with executing DCO services in a cloud computing environment and assist with establishing new tools, techniques, and procedures to address DCO needs, including but not limited to: developing new log ingest methodologies, developing scripts via Python to enhance organizational automation capabilities, working directly with customers to design and recommend engineering solutions to enable effective cybersecurity monitoring.
- Leverage cloud knowledge and skills to design, engineer, implement and sustain cloud-based cybersecurity services for critical DOD systems and services
- Work with peer-teams to establish new cloud services and in pursuit of the migration to infrastructure as code
- Utilize knowledge of DevSecOps best practices to establish internal processes which align with recommended solutions
- Utilize Python and Ansible to automate a multitude of technical and administrative processes
- Recommend and implement micro-service architectures for cloud and on-premise systems
- Work directly with subscribers (customers) to design technical solutions to achieve organizational monitoring objectives
- Use knowledge and skills to build effective CI/CD pipelines
- Technical knowledge of AWS platform and applications in AWS IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments
- Evaluate and automate the scaling and capacity requirements within AWS environments
- Implement new environments in the AWS cloud
- Solid AWS Services Experience: EC2, Cloud Formation, VPC, ELB, AWS Security, S3, RDS, EBS, ECS
- Extensive hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools for automation
- Day-to-day monitoring and review of Cloud Infrastructure
- Support the Data Science development team in the AWS environment
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-8 years of experience in an IT-discipline.
- Excellent customer service skills, with experience working in a customer-facing position for a minimum of 4 years.
- Candidate must, at a minimum, have one of these certifications: MCSE (Server), Certified AWS SysAdmin, AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS Certified Developer, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, AWS Certified Advanced Networking, AWS Certified Security.
- Minimum 5+ year of Administration experience with cloud-based applications (MS O365, SharePoint, Azure AD, AWS)
- Experience administering Windows Server, and related services
- Strong understanding Active Directory, Azure AD, SAML and the standards, procedures, and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience with Ansible, AWS console, Elastic, AWS, Azure, Jira, Confluence, Git, Bitbucket and various cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings
- Experience onboarding customer log-data from AWS and Azure to on-premise or cloud-based analysis environments such as Elastic or Splunk
- Ability to obtain an Entry of Duty (EOD) Public Trust
- Perform operational and day-to-day administrative support functions, including troubleshooting issues and support of change and problem management processes.
- Support AWS Cloud hosted applications (including deployments, patches, security checks, and maintenance).
- Provide support and troubleshoot AWS deployed applications.
- Provide guidance in developing and optimizing administrative processes and procedures.
- Work with SMEs and Security Team in defining secure-based cloud architecture.
- Create and update standard operating procedures, and operational processes.
- Windows Server creation, configuration, upgrade, migration, and patching.
- Clearance: This position requires candidates to obtain a Public Trust and will accept up to TS/SCI
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining tools such as Tanium, Nessus, Forescout, and Cyberark in a hybrid-cloud environment
- Experience working with SIEM tools such as Splunk to ingest, normalize, store, and maintain data from endpoint, network, and application sourcetypes
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.