he Civil Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Human Resource (HR) Specialist to work at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), which is an exciting opportunity to assist in preparing FAA's Human Capital for mission-critical transformational changes by identifying and recruiting a workforce with the leadership, technical and functional skills to ensure the safest and most productive aviation sector.
Human Resources Specialist Primary Responsibilities:
- Developing/publishing vacancy announcements; conducting job analysis
- Evaluating applicant qualifications
- Adjudicating claims for veterans' preference; issuance of referral lists
- Rating/ranking/grouping applications
- Processing selections
- Annotating legal authorities and nature of action codes on personnel actions
- Evaluating position duties & responsibilities to determine appropriate title, series, grade/pay band
- Address/review matters concerning unit coverage and fundamental employee representation issues
- Providing advice and assistance to managers and employees on basic pay setting or leave policies; advising managers and employees on routine conduct, leave or performance questions or disputes; injury compensation programs
- Researching, interpreting, and adhering to FAA orders, federal regulations, policies, standards, precedent setting decisions, grievance procedures and applicable collective bargaining and other negotiated agreements for assigned functional areas
- Regulatory compliance
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience staffing positions for a federal agency (A Bachelor’s degree preferred by not required)
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Knowledge of personnel rules and regulations governing the processing of personnel actions, files/records maintenance, benefits entitlements, veteran’s preference and creditable service determinations.
- Ability to use intermediate functions of various software applications (Windows); e.g., Word, e-mail, internet browser, spreadsheets, databases, to prepare documents, access web sites, input data, and update employee records
Program Specific Salary Range for this position: $80K to $90K Annually (depending on years of experience)
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.