Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a Database Administrator Team Lead who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor-Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana
Leidos is looking for a Database Administrator Team Lead to consult, provide guidance, or assist in completing minor tasks when needed. They will work closely with current Leidos resources in supporting the Oracle and SQL Database Environment and work with Leidos Project Manager(s) and other project resources to meet commitments and deliverables. This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a fast-paced development environment.
Location: Role may be remote, however preference will be given to candidates in The Woodlands, TX, New Orleans, LA, Jackson, MS, or Little Rock, AR, as this is where the client sites are.
· Working directly with client customers to provide world-class application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications.
· Will be involved in making and testing database changes associated with large programs at a utility client
· Resolve high level, complex, or previously unknown issues requiring expert technical knowledge of SQL Databases
· Work with the PM/team to establish plans for implementation and conversion of databases.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field. An additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
· 10+ years of experience as an Oracle or SQL Application Database Administrator
· Strong core Oracle and SQL DBA skills and be able to work on all versions of Microsoft SQL, Oracle, Oracle RAC, RMAN and Streams
· DBA experience with application support and overall knowledge of architecture, emphasis on performance tuning with EXADATA, indexing, partitioning, import/export of data, access requests, and other logical skills.
· Strong analytical skills
· Sharp technical troubleshooting skills
· Must understand client business needs and objectives
· Able to perform in a complex multi-tasking and multi-customer work environment
· Able to work within limited time restraints and strict deadlines
· Able to perform duties without immediate supervision.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent inter-personnel skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to supervise others
· Knowledge of IT computer systems and software
· Experience with implementation of IT integrations in a large division/company
· IT experience within a large team
· Ability to support multiple projects
· Highly motivated and able to solve highly technical and complex problems.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.