The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Senior Information Systems Security Engineer at our customer site in Annapolis Junction, MD.
This contract is a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
- Provides support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program.
- Provides support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Maintains operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed.
- Assists with the management of security aspects of the information system and performs day-to-day security operations of the system.
- Evaluates security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Performs vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation.
- Provides configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware.
- Manages changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
- Prepares and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs).
- Supports security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Masters Degree and 15+ years of related experience
- Technical Degrees are required - HOWEVER an additional 4 years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a technical degree
- A minimum of 14+ years of experience as an ISSO supporting IC or DoD programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity; may train and oversee the technical work of less experience personnel
- DoD 8570 compliance with IAM Level III or IAT Level III (i.e., CISSP)
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $257,325.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.