We are seeking qualified ASO candidates for multiple openings supporting a government customer in their state of the art facility in Springfield, VA. Let us know you are interested in knowing more and our Talent Acquisition team will connect you with your PERFECT position. APPLY TODAY to learn more Leidos opportunities and let us know you are open to considering positions in the following Security Discipline:
The ASO will have a broad knowledge base of basic security concepts. They will interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials. Coordinates information with internal and external security offices, divisions, and capable of providing clear concise communication, and developing solutions for those customers.
- Provide technical security expertise in personnel, physical/industrial, computer investigations, and operations security.
- Utilize security concepts, principles and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex security issues.
- Monitor and manage security programs and provides status reports and recommendations for decisions.
- Monitor security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics and maintains required records.
- Interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials.
- Receive, control and safeguard SCI and collateral information.
- Prepare both SCI and collateral materials for shipment to other agencies/sites IAW applicable security handling procedures.
- Prepare outgoing classified messages on employees/contractor visiting other government facilities.
- Monitor and manage security operations and provide government with status reports and recommendations for decisions.
- Provide agency-level technical expertise concerning physical security, industrial security, foreign disclosure/release and information security.
- Provide industrial security guidance to contractors using the NISPOM requirements, monitors security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics.
- Conduct risk management surveys and renders recommendations and, if warranted, impact statements.
- Provide guidance to internal and external customers, as required, in implementing security requirements.
- Updates and maintains appropriate records (e.g., database and hardcopy) of classification decisions, recommendations, etc.
- Conduct inspections and performs staff assistance visits, as required.
- Liaise with members of the DoD, the Intelligence Community (IC) and other officials as required to keep abreast of current issues, as required and insofar as protocol permits.
- Active TS/SCI clearance, with polygraph
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ yrs. experience or equivalent. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 5+ years specialized experience in working security programs.
- Experience with national security program directives and standards
- Ability to analyze complex data and make appropriate program recommendations.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel internal and external
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision in customer's facilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills to engender rapport with military personnel, civilians, and other contractors at all levels of DoD, IC and NGA.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Self-starter, with ability to establish priorities, resolve immediate security issues.
- Comfortable dealing directly with senior management desired.
This position has a target range for compensation of $63,000 - $73,000.
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.