The Defense Group at Leidos has a career opening for a DevOps Network Engineer located in the Scott AFB, IL, Hill AFB, UT or Washington, DC area (Ft. Meade, MD). The candidate will support the sustainment and ongoing development of the DISA Global Management System (GMS), providing support for the GMS Cloud Network and Infrastructure services under general supervision. This role is primary remote but will also require onsite visits to support GMS unclassified and classified environments.
In this role, you will:
- Support the development and deployment of prototypes and solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services
- Configure and troubleshoot network connectivity issues for LAN, WAN, VPN, DNS and Firewall
- Manage Scalability in cloud network infrastructure
- Update devices as required to maintain current patch levels and ensure configuration backups are performed and regularly archived
- Work within a team of architects and engineers to design and implement Cloud Network solutions for AWS
- Collaborate with software developers to ensure smooth migrations to the Cloud
- Leverage Atlassian tools like JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence to track development activities, control source code, and author documentation
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness
- Generate clear and maintainable documentation
- Generate visual media that can communicate the benefits of a software tool or system to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Provide input/suggestions on technical approach to the Agile Team Leads
- Bachelor’s degree with 4-8 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Must have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Must have Comptia Security+ Certification or its equivalence
Experience with the following:
- Configuration and management of network connectivity such as IPSEC VPN, Routing Protocols, Firewalls, and DNS.
- Ability to troubleshooting complex network issues in an enterprise network environment
- Solid understanding of network protocols, TCP/IP, routing, IPSec tunnels, subnetting, and network segmentation
Knowledge of the following:
- AWS Network design
- Deploying and Configuring Palo Alto Firewalls
- Cloud network configurations and various ways of technically networking the environment
- Programming and automation skills – Python, Go, Terraform, Jenkins
- 5+ years of experience with large-scale network design and deployment
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- 2-3 years of AWS experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.