Are you tired of working 60+ hours a week? Are you looking for better Work Life Balance? At Leidos, Work Life Balance is not just a catch phrase, its a way of life. We expect our employees to work a normal 40 hour week. If this sounds good to you, we invite to explore job opportunities with Leidos.
Leidos’ NISC IV Program (National Airspace System Integration Support Contract) is one of the largest and oldest programs supporting the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration), and we have an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer.
In the role of Senior Electrical Engineer you will support the FAA's Eastern Service Area (ESA) FAA Infrastructure Engineering Center in College Park, GA in designing, cost estimating, scheduling, engineering, coordination, contracting, installation oversite, inspection, and acceptance of electrical systems/services as part of the Eastern Service Area implementation of a wide variety of NAS infrastructure programs and projects, which include of the electrical generator replacement, uninterruptable power supply (UPS), and critical power distribution systems (CPDS). The projects will range over the geographic scope of the ESA and ensure accuracy of design, products, and timeliness of project completion.
Senior Electrical Engineer Primary Responsibilities:
- Plan and design a variety of facility establishment, replacement and modernization projects (electrical generators, uninterruptable power supply systems, batteries, critical power distribution systems, underground electrical distribution, lightning protection and grounding)
- Investigate and develop solutions that involve multiple engineering disciplines
- Analyze project requirements, site conditions and user expectations and provide concise engineering recommendations
- Perform on-site surveys to develop designs and detailed reports
- Conduct and analyze studies of existing facilities
- Utilize relevant software tools to assist in analysis and design
- Generate sketches showing relation of proposed work in existing or new facilities with specifications and dimensions
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate construction project activities to meet milestones and deadlines working directly with stakeholders and contractors
- Confer with multi-disciplinary engineering staff and other personnel to identify and resolve problems with the design or implementation
- Prepare construction drawings and prepare site-specific specifications and contract documents and independent cost estimates
- Review contractor design and construction submittals
- Perform project management related tasks and communication (including safety plans, sequence of work, cutover plans, risk management plans, lead and asbestos work permits)
- Participate in on-site coordination meetings, inspections, cutovers, testing and restoration of facilities
- Provide periodic updates of project to team, management, and stakeholders
- Provide timely responses for requests for information and project related submittals
- Provide monthly and semi-annual work status reports
- Track and reconcile closure of project punch-list exceptions
- Manage multiple projects towards successful on-time completion
- Perform internal design reviews of other projects
Senior Electrical Engineer Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from a four-year accredited college or university and 8+ years of relevant experience in commercial, industrial or government facility replacement and modernization design engineering including leading design teams on projects including standby engine generator and un-interruptible power systems or a Masters degree and 6+ years of relevant experience
- Current and relevant knowledge of building and other codes in order to perform load calculations, wiring sizing and layout, arc flash calculations and distribution, breaker coordination and equipment sizing and selection
- Proficiency in engineering analysis and design software tools such as SKM
- Proficiency using AutoCAD to create and edit engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, engineering scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the internet as an information gathering and communicating too
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.