Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Are you tired of working 60+ hours a week? Are you looking for a better Work Life Balance? At Leidos, Work Life Balance is not just a catch phrase, it’s a way of life. We expect our employees to work a normal 40 hour week. If this sounds good to you, we invite you to explore our job opportunities with Leidos.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth. In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to convey complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
Leidos is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team in Anchorage, Alaska. The ideal candidate will support the FAA Weather Camera Program.
Primary Tasks will be to:
- Provide a comprehensive review and analysis of all aspects of system development including but not limited to mission needs assessment, system design, site selections, planning, deployment, site troubleshooting, and verification of system performance.
- Understand the environmental and logistical challenges of different sites across Alaska, Hawaii, and Lower 48.
- Able to work with remote team members and provide timely, clear instruction. This will require an in-depth understanding of system infrastructure.
Position approximately requires 10-20% travel.
For additional information: http://http://weathercams.faa.gov
- 4 years of experience in Systems Engineering.
- Bachelor degree in related field OR relevant field with 4 years relevant experience OR Masters with 2 years of relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered/maybe accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Have the ability OR skill to perform problem solving OR demonstrate system thinking.
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with government, vendors, and other stakeholders for problem resolution.
- Experience with monitoring systems.
- Alaska remote technical and engineering experience with Weather Camera OR similar systems.
- Be willing and able to climb towers up to 60 feet.
- Experience and willingness to travel to remote Alaska sites and work in rugged conditions any time of year. Also potential for traveling to Hawaii sites and Lower 48.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Security Clearance.
- Tower Climbing and Rescue Climbing Certifications highly desired.
- Experience leading a team.
- Project management experience.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.