The Defense Group at Leidos seeks a Junior DevOps Software Engineer for the Global Solutions Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. The selected candidate will be a key member of the Special Projects Innovations team, working hands-on as a member of a software engineering team, and will provide technical expertise in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), SecDevOps and Software Configuration Management in support of the automated and rapid delivery of innovative solutions to a cloud-based environment. While this role is primarily remote, one must live within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL or Ft. Meade, MD for on-site support.
- Develop automated CI/CD build/deployment pipelines using Jenkins, Artifactory, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and Bitbucket.
- Develop automated tests using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Apply DevOps expertise to ensure congruence of the various infrastructure, software, configurations and interfaces maintained under configuration control.
- Assist with the deployment, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, updates/upgrades of Kafka and Elastic clusters and environments.
- Work with an Agile team, attend daily scrums and demonstrate working software while collaborating with a geographically distributed (remote) team, communicating and collaborating frequently with teammates to ensure successful completion of project objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation, infrastructure and system issues.
- Proactively and independently identify, report, monitor, and mitigate technical risks.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a relevant technical discipline and 1+ year of related experience obtained through any combination of coursework and internships.
- Working knowledge of Git and experience with development workflows in GitHub, Bitbucket or an equivalent tool.
- Experience developing software on a UNIX command line platform.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team.
- Ability to obtain interim Secret DoD Security clearance prior to start date.
- Must obtain Security+ certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II certification within 14 days of start date.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying software in a cloud environment (AWS is a plus).
- Experience designing, building and deploying DevOps pipelines with Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory and Ansible (or equivalent tools).
- Experience designing and implementing application deployment pipelines and developing software in a containerized environment with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Full software lifecycle automation experience (design, development, test, deployment), including deployment to a production environment.
- Experience designing and building automated software testing pipelines using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Previous SCM experience, including release planning, managing software baselines, merging branches, and producing software builds
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including Bitbucket integrations with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience integrating code review systems into the SCM process.
- Experience with static code analysis, particularly security scans.
- Experience working remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience working as part of an Agile software development team.
- Experience developing and deploying software in a DoD environment (DISA experience is a plus), including experience building and deploying software applications that meet DoD security standards and updating applications and code to meet security scans and security implementation guidelines (e.g. STIGs).
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.