The Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) Operation seeks a Commercial Operations Specialist to support and facilitate the efficient execution of cross-functional commercial processes within the SES Ports & Borders business. This Commercial Operations Specialist will have the proven ability to coordinate cross-functional teams, implement project management best practices, and provide excellent communication to peers and leadership. The ideal candidate will be organized and detail-oriented with a strong business acumen, the capability to understand the big picture while executing on the tactical, and a passion for delivering results.
- Supporting the SES Ports & Borders division’s need to deliver on current and future customer orders.
- Support the consistent and efficient execution of bids and proposals process, including, using project management best practices to ensure the process is carried out fully, track opportunities and report on status.
- Provide support and coordination of Risk Review sessions to drive ensure early engagement and broad cross-functional representation in the meetings.
- Support an efficient hand-over of POs/signed contracts through the OTR process, by maintaining current configuration guides, ensuring documentation is complete, communicating proactively across the business.
- Document processes, identify process improvements, develop tools and reinforce new ways of doing business that optimize efficiency relative to Inquiry to Order Process and Order to Remittance Process.
- Maintain internal database of previous bids, price points, bid outcomes, customer requirements, competitor actions, etc. to help inform objective decision making
- Interface with all functions across region and products such as Business Development, Contracts, Legal, Ops, Planning, Configuration Control teams to enhance our ability successful execute commercial activities.
- Support the forecasting process by tracking and analyzing historical sales data, market data, and other inputs to identify trends
- Collect data, build reports, and provide input into dashboards that track progress against business KPIs relative to ability to capture new business and efficiently execute on customer deliverables.
- Help identify actionable insights on ways to optimize the business for growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Legal, Engineering, or related area from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Commercial Operations, contract management, sales, tendering, bid management and/or project management role
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time, both domestic and internationally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US public trust security clearance.
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong analytical skills and Excel skills (advanced formulas, pivot tables, charts)
- Results driven personality with a go-to reputation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and lead cross functional teams
- Organizational agility and the ability to navigate ambiguity
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Self-sufficiency and ability to program manage
- Critical thinking and creative problem solver
- Ability to think strategically and be operationally rigorous
- Change agent with strong business acumen
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- High energy professional demeanor with a strong focus on customer needs.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.