The Intelligence Group at Leidos has an opening for a Journeyman Regional Geospatial Analyst to support our customer in Arnold MO. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in regional analysis to support a national security customer. As a Journeyman Regional Analyst you will direct support to data synchronization of the Print On Demand (POD) database; the printing, replication, and distribution of Mapping, Charting, Geodesy (MC&G), Foundational Geoint (FG), and Safety of Navigation (SON) products; and the assembly of print-ready files for MC&G, FG and SON products. The candidate should have a geospatial background and a strong ability to work with a team as well as independently conduct research and initiate projects as assigned.
- As a Journeyman Regional Geospatial Analyst you will support the customer by performing assembly, editing, quality control/assurance, file manipulation, file conversions, data management, georeferencing, data integrity database operations. Assembly will be accomplished by assembling digital imagers and files utilizing Spot Color, CYMK, Image, and PDF Assembly, POD PDF Publishing; Online Dissemination, back-up archive and digital archive.
- Attend meetings with customer personnel when requested. Through meetings and conferences, provide accurate information to influence partner decisions and points of view in favor of customer and organizational objectives. Promote customer products and services.
- Respond to requests for data by pulling holdings from the POD and utilizing ArcGIS to provide graphical displays of overall coverage areas.
- Maintain and update the production databases to ensure all hardcopy requirements have been properly identified, prioritized, tracked, monitored, and reported.
- Ensure the quality of all finished products meet military and customer specifications.
- Interact with internal and external customers and stakeholders to provide expert production management of customer printing processes.
- All candidates must have an ACTIVE TS/SCI level security clearance and willingness to obtain a POLY level clearance upon request is REQUIRED to be considered.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in a related field to the support services counts toward the experience requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize databases, data storage processes, data management principles and practices.
- Demonstrated experience applying:
- Product specifications, data file formats and data standards.
- Data conversion tools and converting files to different formats.
- Data extraction, analysis and finishing of in-house, co-production, commodity, and contractually produced maps and charts.
- Understanding of concepts of print to include color separation, grid layouts, and mater pages.
- Demonstrated ability to learn digital design platforms.
- Demonstrated experience with visualization applications or GRTools.
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop Illustrator.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Voyager/GeoSQRL to identify and validate series, sheet number and NRN’s within a series.
- Experience with digital photography, digital and lithographic print.
- Experience utilizing graphic layout, design, color space and typography background in color theory, web design, layout/conversion and optimization.
- Background in graphic arts or illustration.
- Experience with GEOINT information systems software such as Global Mapper.
- Ability to query various databases.
- Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.