Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an Animal Care Coordinator to support NASA research programs on-site within an animal care institute. The successful incumbent will interface with facility owners, internal / external customers, and assist Principal Investigators to achieve mission goals.
This position is located on-site in Sarasota, Florida.
The Animal Care Coordinator will work with facility owners, subcontract teams, facility users, customer and corporate visitors from NASA, and / or Principal Investigator teams to accomplish established objectives. Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Oversee Leidos facilities, equipment and activities within the Leidos portion of the subcontractor facility
- Respond to customer inquiries and refer clients to the appropriate channels
- Coordinate operations and activities within the Leidos portion of the facility by collaborating with institute resources (eg. animal husbandry team, shipping & receiving, custodial support)
- Serve as representative for Leidos interests within the facility and ensure compliance with Leidos policies and directives within the Leidos portion of the facility
- Maintain Leidos inventory / equipment records and monitor for maintenance issues. Facilitate completion of repairs and communicate facility and equipment status to identified stakeholders
- Ensure the maintenance and operations of ISS environmental chambers; complete ISS environmental chamber setup for each mission
- Coordinate chamber preventative maintenance / repairs and calibration of tools / equipment
- Manage the maintenance, preparation, routing and tracking of purchase orders required to support mission operations
- Coordinate badging, and training for visitors / PI team. Ensure work areas are ready for use by contract and Principal Investigator teams, including labs and environmental chambers
- Perform facility tours, audits, inspections, and property management within the Leidos area
- Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols and policies. Monitor Hurricane plan readiness and execution as weather requires
- Coordinate and communicate shipments of animals, hardware, hazardous materials, and samples into and out of the facility
- Participate in Mission Readiness Reviews, including assistance in ensuring the facility is ready to support upcoming research missions
Must have US Citizenship or Permanent Residency and the ability to successfully obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Logistics, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in facilities or lab management position
- Strong IT knowledge to communicate and troubleshoot technical issues
- Demonstrated proactive leadership and collaboration skills
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Prior professional experience in an animal care facility
Experience with NASA property and / or procedures
- Experience with ISS research projects
- Experience with the REMA (Rodent Experiment Monitoring Area) and maintaining configurations without impact connectivity to data centers and ISS
- Experience with environmental chambers, including maintenance and operations of ISS environmental chambers
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Ability to perform minor repairs of facility equipment
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.