Join a team committed to a mission!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Software Engineer to provide professional support to the ASW Software Virtualization team, supporting training for Combat Systems modernization of AN/SQQ-89(V) systems and all Advanced Capability Builds (ACB). Support includes software engineering, future system Virtualization, with focus on various hardware capabilities. You will also conduct design, development, testing, debugging, and troubleshooting of Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Virtual Operator Trainers (VOTs) Software and debugging.
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Responsibilities – Work you’ll do:
- As part of the Software Engineering Team, you will develop software solutions for customer needs, in a manner aligned with DevSecOps and Configuration Management (CM) practices, tools and techniques, and will work on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments and/or processes within the AN/SQQ-89(V) system; to include past, present, and future ACB software builds.
- You will work on a small team, to achieve day-to-day objectives with moderate impact on Navy operational results or future project deliverables and development of current and new AN/SQQ-89(V) ACB systems. You may assist other technical staff with tasks and assignments in an administrative capacity.
- You will be required to addresses somewhat complex technical issues/problems utilizing pre-established internal best practices, and via collaboration with colleagues.
- You will develop solutions to technical problems within VOTs and during ACB Virtualization that require depth of technical knowledge, but are typically limited in level of complexity.
- You will work with our development to demonstrate the effectiveness and value of modern DevSecOps and CM to our Navy customers.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- 3 plus years using DevSecOps methods (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery) and tools (Jenkins, Docker); using CM principles, tools and techniques on complex software projects; developing on or serving as a system administrator for Linux systems.
- Knowledge of scripting languages and methods to automate processes is required.
- Experience with the creation and deployment of Linux system images.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Ability to travel approximately 1-4 weeks per year as required for customer meetings, VOT buildout, and VOT Support.
- Developed tests and testing strategies with Jenkins or Google Test Certifications of Security+, Linux+, Network+, or CCNA.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education – Favorable if you have:
- Familiar with Software development lifecycle sustainment, use cases, and Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
- Hold (or be able to obtain) a valid US Passport as travel abroad may be required.
- Experience with Atlassian Software Development and Similar Jobs as .Net Developer Graphics Software Developer, Mid-Level Java Developer Collaboration products (Jira, Confluence, Portfolio).
- Must be able to maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.