Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Maru, under the Exploitation Services (ExServ) program, is the contract vehicle that provides the sustainment of existing Integrated Exploitation Environment (IEC) Application Services (software) and certain related exploitation features for Image Science (e.g. Advanced GEOINT Services (AGS), Image Analysis, Geospatial Analysis, and some data science applications. Maru also provides for an agile modernization of the Geospatial Exploitation Environment with a goal of seamless interoperability with other existing and emerging NGA exploitation applications. A key feature is the efficient interaction with NGA data repositories, orchestration, and identity management, as well as various exploitation tools.
As the Chief Systems Architect you will oversee the design, development, and implement of our system architectures. This role works directly to implement teams to provide technical guidance and implementation priorities related to cloud implementation.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Develops cloud strategies and coordinating adoption of cloud-based solutions.
- Formulate, document, and communicate methodologies for building and operating highly available, scalable services.
- Assists with overseeing development and coordination of highly reliable system architectures.
- Look for opportunities to improve all operations processes.
- Evaluate, build and modify automation for deploying and operating production services.
- Develop and design elastic, resilient and self-healing applications and workflows.
- Must have a TS Clearance to be considered
- Must have a BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or a MS degree and 10+ years of prior relevant experience
- One or more Certifications to include:
- Cloud Certified Solutions Architect
- AWS Certifications
- Cisco Certified Networking Administrator - Cloud
- Cisco Certified Network Professional - Cloud
- IBM Certified Cloud Solution Architect
- MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP7-CMA)
- Significant experience in Cloud Technologies (specifically AWS) and infrastructure-as-code concepts
- Experience with government cloud environments
- Experience interacting with cross functional project teams including Software Development, System Engineering/ Verification and Validation, Security, Compliance and Quality Assurance
- Substantial experience working in Agile, SAFe, and Scrum environments
- Strong coordination and collaboration skills
- Experience briefing to Management and Customers
- Experience working with large scale data technologies (e.g. AWS Aurora, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Experience working within a low to high development/deployment environment
- Experience working with DevOps CI/CD related technologies and deployment automation techniques (e.g. Ansible, Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Confluence, Sonar Lint, and Junit)
- Experience with the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Experience with the Agile Software Development Lifecycle
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.