Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
The Defense Group at Leidos is seeking a Senior Technical Trainer to join our team at our San Diego, CA location. The primary function of this position is to support the development and conduct of AN/SQQ-89 A(V)15 system operational and maintenance training for US Navy ships in support of Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS 5B). Travel may be required for this role.
**Position can be out of San Diego, CA or Chesapeake, VA.**
Join a team committed to a mission!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry. Apply today!
Responsibilities – What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide subject matter expertise to analyze and evaluate UnderSea Warfare (USW) equipment training approaches, methodology, techniques, and products to help ensure their effectiveness and efficiency in selection of new and potentially non-traditional technologies, processes and procedures to produce and deliver mission support training materials.
- Technical training development, review, and conduct experience with AN/SQQ-89(V) sonar system equipment, with particular emphasis on A(V)15.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education – To Land This Gig You’ll Need:
- Need to have a BS and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree).
- Applicant shall have technical training development, review, and conduct experience with AN/SQQ-89A(V) ACB11/13/15/17/19 sonar system equipment.
- At least 12 years of AN/SQQ-89(V) working experience in either Operations or Maintenance.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education – Favorable if you have:
Operations and Maintenance experience shall include:
- A thorough understanding of AN/SQQ-89(V) system operations to meet tactical mission requirements (operator, supervisor, and command)
- System functional segments
- Sonar tactical equipment
- System LAN operation and administration
- Fault Detection / Isolation / Localization
- Remove and replace procedures
- This position requires a strategic mindset to be successful.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.