The Civilian Health Solutions Operation has an opening for a Cloud Administrator to support a large healthcare contract.
We are looking for an experienced AWS Cloud Admin to join our team. The successful candidate will have knowledge of Serverless Architectures and DevSecOps operations on AWS platform. They will be responsible for architecture assessment, system monitoring and observability.
• Provide architecture and implementation guidance for AWS Infrastructure, Serverless technologies, JEE and Python
• Support the Enterprise Portal, which is the gateway to many CMS applications
• Analyze system performance and architecture assessment
• Implement system monitoring, observability, and logging solutions
• Ensure availability, scalability, performance, and security of the platform
• Collaborate with stakeholders and development teams to ensure smooth deployment and operations
• Prepare technical documentation, such as architecture diagrams, user guides, and deployment playbooks
• Stay up to date with the AWS cloud platform and technologies
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- BS and 6+ years of experience in designing and deploying AWS cloud solutions. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience with core AWS platform architecture, including areas such as: Organizations, Account Design, VPC, Subnet, segmentation strategies.
- Experience in monitoring the operations and security of EC2, container and AWS services.
- Familiarity with executing Stacks, StackSets, CloudFormation scripts, etc.; Familiarity with network connectivity, AWS Direct Connect and AWS Site-to-Site VPNs
- Familiarity with logging with CloudWatch, CloudTrail, etc.
- Ability to execute implementation plans in the AWS environment for a variety of initiatives ranging from load balanced EC2 scaling groups to Lambda functions.
- 3-4 years of working experience on Load Balancing Technologies (emphasis on F5, others might be an added advantage)
- Experience working with Webserver technologies like Nginx, Apache, and IBM HTTP
- Experience in AWS API Gateway, Lamda and Terraform.
- Ability to manage AWS resources and native cloud services and products.
- Experience working within a Continuous Integration environment using Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with Git, GitHub, Bit Bucket versioning systems.
- Ability to Monitor and manage system resources and application performance.
- This individual should have worked with several monitoring tools such as, New relic, Kibana, Elasticsearch, etc.
- This individual should have worked with several building tools such as, Maven, Gradle, ANT, Grunt etc.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.