Leidos is currently seeking a Sr Systems Administrator with proven experience to join the JSP Platform Services team in Norfolk, VA.
Mon – Fri/occasional afterhours or weekend work required during surge and/or maintenance evolutions
Responsible for integration system verification/validation and support for total hardware devices and computer/server systems. This candidate will be managing and supporting integration and operations for back end front end computing environment and appliances in a Microsoft Windows, and VMware virtual/physical environment. This Sr. System Administrator will perform and assist with a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of data center servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment. Provides investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of both physical and virtual data center server system, hardware, software and infrastructure.
.• Responsible for implementing complex integrated total systems configuration for virtual appliances and physical hardware builds, installs, and upgrades.
• Responsible for evaluating virtual and physical system services and coordinate engineering configuration change review board (ECRB/CAB) documentation and brief board on technical details, requirements and milestones.
• Perform as direct point of escalation SME for Tier IV Problem Managment
• Support and execute virtual and physical deployments to production such as ESXi Hypervisor, VDI, and other required infrastructure upgrades, system enhancements, and enterprise LCM evolutions.
• Create, modify, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures/Work Instruction documentation.
• Support end point connected device management, upgrades, enhancements
• Supports total system image builds IAW planned projects and initiatives and prepare deployment to production
• Respond to system faults, analyzing and correcting applications or system faults to reestablish service
• Maintain and update relevant system and process documentation.
• Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all team members.
• Successfully manage time and technical responsibilities, set accurate expectations and meet deliverable deadlines while working in a team collaboration environment.
• Maintain, update, install required certificates and track certificate revocation dates to ensure continuity of services.
• Experience with following pre-established DoD Change Mgt processes.
• Experience supporting Storage/SAN solutions to include back-up and recovery evolutions
• Experience with system design and implementation, system hardening, tools, guidelines and benchmarks and DoD STIG’s.
Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience in lieu of degree may be accepted
Working knowledge and experience with integrating VMWare ESXi Hypervisor technical implementation of bare metal rack server technology and hardware solutions.
Solid understanding of VM Kernel Operating System installation and virtual server implementation on physical datacenter server hardware.
Configure, modify and maintain GPO’s
Engage, collaborate and support technical projects and initiatives.
Strong understanding of enterprise, network, systems, operations and support.
Experience and knowledge with Server Rack Hardware installation and, implementation, datacenter maintenance and operations.
Excellent writing and speaking skills
Experience with designing, creating and maintaining network and computer datacenter diagrams, rack elevations, and drawings
Experience with troubleshooting system hardware applications, system services, events, front and back end system settings, configurations, and policies
Experience with applying DoD STIG requirements and using SCAP tool
Experience working with system security applications (ACAS) and mitigating vulnerabilities
8570/8140 IAT Level II or III: Security+ CE, VMWare VCP or VCA, or System OS Cert
Active DoD Secret clearance
Understanding of PowerShell scripting or programming for systems management.
Hands on experience with Linux, RHEL.
Hands on experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) / DaaS
Working knowledge and experience with VMware Horizon v6.7 or higher
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.