The Integrated Solutions Division at Leidos has an opening for a Scheduler. The successful candidate will provide enterprise-wide schedule support to an operational government customer within the Intelligence Community. The scheduler will work closely with the Program Manager, Chief Engineer and Site Lead and with input from the cross-functional team, generate, publish and maintain an accurate Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), using MS Project, showing the tasks and resources required to deliver on-time, per customer requirements and milestones.
*This position is contingent upon contract award
The Scheduler will be responsible for:
- Work closely with PMO, development, operations and other project teams to develop detailed schedules, keep these schedules current and seamlessly integrated into the IMS
- Provide hands-on development of schedules detailing how a specific project is progressing including how the project contributes to overarching program requirements and objectives
- Develop resource loaded project schedules using the performance work statement (PWS), technical proposal, WBS, and oral directions from senior project managers and technical leads
- Develop and maintain linkages, dependencies and inter-dependencies with related projects
- Ensure internal and external dependencies are documented and tracked for risk management
- Identify and track major milestones, gates, decision points, and other project events
- Identify, manage, communicate and present critical path(s)
- Set and maintain the schedule baseline and track and communicate all changes to the baselined schedule on a weekly basis
- Perform schedule estimating through elicitation of team members and other stakeholders to capture estimations of new work, updated actuals and remaining work
- Perform ‘what if’ scenarios within the schedule, apply critical thinking, and present alternate solutions as schedule risks arise
- Champion and support continuous Risk Mitigation and Issue Management through schedule analysis
- Drive innovation and champion best practices across the scheduling team and program team
- Develop schedule version control processes, policies, and procedures and ensure they are followed during the development and maintenance of schedules
- Generate weekly suite of schedule products and reports including full IMS views, summary views, critical paths, planned vs actual work, and various schedule metrics
- Requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent experience and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience
- Scheduling experience
- Excellent Scheduling technical abilities and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in team environment (Government, Military, SETA, and Contractor)
- Understanding of cross site and enterprise level planning and implementation practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Broad knowledge of project management.
- Ability to work collaboratively and constructively with leaders across the site
- Ability to conduct efficient, organized systems processing and analysis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
- U.S. Citizenship
- Excellent customer relationships
- Experience working across contract and location boundaries
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.