Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave and more! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Scheduler L3 at our Leidos Facility in Columbia, MD.
This contract is a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
As a Program Scheduler you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining detailed resource-loaded schedules for implementation, developmental and operational systems. Works with developmental and operational teams to develop detailed schedules and assists in keeping these schedules current. Uses or recommends automated tools such as MS Project, Primavera or program mandated software. Develops and or modifies project schedules and or the integration of multiple project schedules into an overall Master Program Schedule. Maintains the overall Master Program /Project Schedule. Links project schedules with the overarching program, Investment Portfolio, functional area and/or other Integrated Master Plans (IMPs). Provides hands-on development of layered schedules and IMPs that address how an acquisition project is progressing and how that project contributes to overarching requirements and objectives. Maintains status on linkages and dependencies with related projects.
- Assist in defining and implementing schedule software (MS Project, Primavera, or specific program mandated software, etc.) management processes and procedures
- Implement schedule version control processes, policies and procedures
- Assist in maintaining and developing the environment for the overall Master Program/Project Schedule and or the integration of multiple project schedules into an overall Master Program Schedule
- Maintain the schedule product build, staging, testing, deployment and integration
- Define and implement schedule configuration management processes and procedures; such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrate those scripts with the schedule build process
- Develop schedule version control processes, policies and procedures and ensures that they are followed on development or operational schedule development and implementation projects
- Facilitate weekly meetings
- Provide recommendations to the program manager for allocation of management reserve to address resource/schedule constraints
- Coordinate a cross-walk of milestones and interdependencies among projects and/or functional areas (engineering, manufacturing, test, quality control, etc)
Security Clearance Requirement:
Possess Active TS SCI w/Poly to be considered for this role.
- Twelve (12) years experience as a Scheduler in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, reducing the requirement to ten (10) years of experience. Four (4) years of additional scheduling experience may be substituted for an Bachelor’s degree.
- Certification for the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) and or Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) is desired.
- Shall have two (2) years of demonstrated experience managing a schedule for an engineering program involving hardware and software development and multiple sub-components using MS Project or Primavera. Shall have successfully completed an advanced level MS Project or Primavera course and demonstrated experience with MS Project and or Primavera.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.