The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) Operation within the Leidos Dynetics Group has an opening for DARPA Technical Director (TD). The LInC Operation is the technology and research and development (R&D) engine for the entire Leidos enterprise and has the responsibility to transition discriminating technologies and capabilities across the enterprise for enhanced business and mission value.
The preference is for this position to be based out of one of the following Leidos locations: San Diego CA, Arlington, VA, Dayton, OH, or Huntsville, AL.
- The DARPA TD will be responsible for overall technical excellence in the Leidos DARPA program portfolio to include development/oversight of technical solutions for priority captures, internal research and development (IRaD) projects that align to DARPA pursuits and, technical performance on major programs.
- Oversee the capture and execution strategy for DARPA programs, a key component of the LInC portfolio and our support to the Corporation.
- Oversee creation of ideas for new DARPA seedlings and programs.
- Grow and maintain relationships with strategic sources and partners, renowned universities, and research institutions to increase learning and teaming opportunities, sponsor research projects that take LInC solutions to the next level, and where possible, showcase novel Leidos technologies and solutions both internally and externally.
- Responsible for coordinating interactions with DARPA office managers and PMs, running a team to assess, monitor and develop DARPA office strategies and chairing the Leidos internal DARPA Tech Council which refines and drives technical excellence in DARPA pursuits.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in an engineering or scientific discipline with expertise in areas such as microelectronics, sensors, processing, simulation, platforms, or phenomenology field
- 10-15 years of related science, technology, research, and development experience developing capabilities, products, and technology with military or intelligence utility
- Must have a Secret security clearance and ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Prior technical roles within contractor or government R&D organizations with increasing duties and responsibilities over time and experience with S&T / R&D customers such as DARPA, AFRL, ONR, and IARPA
- Experience capturing/executing R&D programs as a principal investigator or program manager for one of the government S&T/R&D customers.
- Experience in one or more technology areas including: satellite systems, electronic warfare, ELINT/SIGINT collection and processing, ground sensors, advanced radar systems, airborne/spaceborne IR sensors, hypersonic weapons, CBRN sensing, ATR, multi-/hyper-spectral EO systems, AI/ML, data analytics, autonomous systems, survivability, HEL/HPM directed energy systems, advanced computing technology, guidance and control, communications systems, software engineering, conducting flight and other field tests, hydrodynamics and maritime systems, and sonar systems.
- Experience assessing, quantifying, and mitigating risk in project development and execution.
- Experience with technology and business strategy formation, performance management, and Defense industry best practices
- Experience developing technology/strategy/investment roadmaps
- Experience overseeing IRaD programs and portfolios
- Program management experience with large programs; PMP certification is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills to include public speaking skills
- Ability to influence and persuade others, as well as handle difficult negotiations requiring a well-developed sense of strategy
- Ability to mentor, lead, grow and promote technical talent
- Significant experience supporting capture activities to include chairing/participating in Gate Reviews, writing specific sections of proposals, and providing technical guidance for solution development
- Approximately 25% travel is required
- 25% remote telework is acceptable
- DARPA leadership experience: Program Manager, Deputy Office Director, Office Director, or similar role that had exposure across the DARPA portfolio
- Experience evaluating technical proposals
- Top Secret security clearance or higher
- PMP certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.