Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
The Prototype Development Support program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, this program looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
Click here to learn how this program “Delivers Mission Success!” and a list of all our amazing opportunities
Be part of a dynamic team that provides software, systems, and network engineering services to support the Integrated Discovery Operations (IDO). The focus will be to develop, maintain, and support operations and maintenance (O&M) activities of an enclave comprised of various hardware and software components to include virtual machines. This effort will include maintaining and evolving a modern DevOps architecture to support software developers, phased system upgrades, compliance, and improvements aimed to ensure continued execution of the IDO mission. This will include improving availability and reliability, reducing latency and optimizing performance, and maintaining the OPSEC and security posture. Ability to lead and task other infrastructure support staff to maintain the focus on O&M priorities while addressing system-level issues that arise and track items to completion. Design future infrastructure proactively to meet strategic initiatives and contribute to the plan for resourcing the efforts.
- At least 18 years of general experience as a systems analyst, including five years of experience in systems analysis, engineering design, and communications applications on complex information systems, database management, the use of programming languages that support the systems, and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
- Five (5) years of experience in systems analysis, engineering design, and communications applications on complex information systems, database management, the use of programming languages that support Sun Solaris, HP UNIX, Windows NT, Pascal or Delphi, Linux – Redhat, Windows XP, Databases, Sybase RDBMS, Oracle RDBMS, MS Access, Oracle Context, Oracle Forms, Powerbuilder, MS SQL Server, Indexed Sequential Access Method (ISAM), and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science may be substituted for 4 years of general experience as a systems analyst. A master's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for 2 years of general experience.
- Strong Linux System Administration experience (current heavy focus on modern Ubuntu distributions)
- Experience with software/system integration
- Experience with scripting software development, Python
- Experience with virtual machines (libvirt, Proxmox, VirtualBox)
- Familiarity with containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with developing system configuration playbooks for tools like Ansible
- Network analysis, design and implementation
- Virtual network experience (e.g., Open vSwitch)
- Network performance tuning
- Distributed file system management/deployment experience (e.g., GlusterFS or similar)
- Ability to work with customer leads on support activities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to develop solutions in a dynamic environment on a variety of tasking
- Planning and using resources effectively; orchestrating multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish work
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.