The Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Software Tester and Quality Assurance (QA) specialist to support the USAF within the Comprehensive Engine Management Systems program located in Oklahoma City, OK.
As a Software Tester / Quality Assurance specialist, you will assist with sustainment, modification, and implementation of the USAF’s Comprehensive Engine Management System (CEMS). Responsibilities will include research and develop test cases for new requirements and ensure all documented processes of CEMS application QA/validation testing are followed. Along with performing CEMS application QA testing as a member of an agile software development team. You will work with the Project Lead, Team Lead, other developers, analysts and the customer to deliver customer requirements. A successful candidate must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment, be capable of adjusting to changing priorities, and provide deep analyses and understanding of testing impact on end-product/solution.
• Perform software application QA/validation testing.
• Write new software test cases as required.
• Perform as part of an integrated test team member in an Agile development team.
• Become intimately familiar with the CEMS application and be able to independently find test data and identify discrepancies in the application.
• Resolve unclear problems and issues, which may require understanding of broader set of technical software related issues.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline with demonstrated experience. Additional years of experience, training, and/or certifications may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
• Currently possess or ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance upon hire.
• Experience with software testing best practice processes, internationally recognized test procedures and products.
• Experience with automated testing applications.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with testers, systems engineers, architects, software developers, management as well as ability to work with multiple teams to release software.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Current Development testing and/or Quality Assurance role, particularly on a large government or commercial system.
• USAF engine manager experience and/or user experience with the USAF CEMS application.
• Agile development methodologies.
• Experience with Team collaboration tools (MS Teams, Confluence, SharePoint, Jira, etc.)
• Experience with Oracle SQL database and simple queries to find data.
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,800.00 - $72,000.00 - $97,200.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.