The NISC IV program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking an Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Professional with Fall Protection technical writing and training expertise to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team.
In this role, you will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Programs with the goal of mitigating organizational risks and assisting the FAA achieve an improved state of compliance with Occupational Safety and Health and Environmental Federal, State, and Local law(s).
The focus of the position will be providing support to the FAA’s Fall Protection Programs and you will be responsible for the creation, monitoring, tracking, interpreting, and presentation of various reports and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) to all levels of FAA and NISC management.
Responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Project management and planning.
- Work place inspections.
- Review of Fall Protection Procedures through on-site assessment .
- Training and reporting.
Note: This is a virtual position with up to 75% travel. Candidate can live anywhere within the United States.
Education and experience:
Requires BS degree and 4 to 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to classify and summarize EOSH data for the preparation and submission of reports on a recurring basis as needed.
- Ability to work at heights, successfully complete fall protection training, and achieve rescue level fall protection certification.
- Ensure all fall protection specifications are consistent with all applicable Federal, State, Local and Agency specific laws, regulations, and guidelines related to Fall Protection.
- Ability to prepare, review and consult on the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for fall protection processes and equipment use (SOPs)
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Ability to work at heights and to safely lift 75 lbs.
- Solid analytical, planning and program assessment skills in the Environmental Occupational Health and Safety field.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, EPA, and DOT regulations, practices, and/or protocols.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to create, interpret and present various EOSH related reports.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Power Point.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Prior FAA experience is strongly desired.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
The NISC III program within the Civil Group at Leidos offers an array of exciting career opportunities for professionals in the fields of engineering (fire protection, civil, power, electrical, structural, spectrum, environmental, construction) computer and database developers, project management professionals, instructional/training developers, air traffic controllers, aeronautical information specialists, terminal instruments procedures (TERPS), financial analysts, intelligence analysts, logistics analysts, and HR specialists as well as many other disciplines
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.