Leidos' Cybersecurity Architecture and Engineering (CAE) has an immediate need for a Cybersecurity Architect. Office locations in Reston-VA, Orlando-FL, or Gaithersburg-MD are preferred, but full-time teleworking options are available for a highly qualified candidate.
A Cybersecurity Architect is a senior technical leader position within Leidos. The role will support the design, development, deployment, and architecture integration of perimeter, endpoint, cloud, and application security initiatives. The role requires solid foundations in architecture fundamentals such as Systems Engineering, ITIL or TOGAF processes, and DFARS/NIST 800-171 regulatory compliance. If you have experience with common enterprise SaaS/Cloud application hosting principles that’s a bonus. The candidate’s primary responsibilities include designing cybersecurity into all Leidos Corporate Information Technology projects and programs through requirements generation, roadmaps, and validating environment architectures.
Provide technical leadership within CAE and act as a technical subject matter expert for the cyber security capabilities used to defend global Leidos environments.
- Work with fellow architects and engineers within CAE to evaluate programs, projects, and tooling for architecture security gaps, security best practices, and ensure regulatory controls are technically enforced.
- Work with the Office of Technology (OOT), Cybersecurity Operations, Cybersecurity Risk, and Cybersecurity Engineering teams to maintain Cybersecurity Engineering governance processes, Cybersecurity technical roadmaps, and investigate the technical feasibility of including new tools/solutions into the environment.
- Be a subject matter expert in popular cybersecurity supplier and open-source capabilities to stay ahead of adversaries in cyberspace.
- Develop cybersecurity technical roadmaps to drive continuous cyber transformation and improvements in Leidos’ overall defense posture.
- Be a driving force in the transition steaming from the creation of CMMC guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of experience in Information Security with a real passion for the field. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will qualify in lieu of a degree
- Individuals do not need to possess a clearance today, but must be able to obtain a Security Clearance and therefor have US citizenship.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of extensive cybersecurity experience in multiple CISSP security domains
- Experience assessing architectures for regulatory compliance and integrating those environments into an enterprise.
- Experience and comfort in taking strategic intents and driving technical organizational change.
- Knowledge of a broad spectrum of security products and ability to conduct analysis of alternatives to onboard new enterprise capabilities.
- Ability to write and verbally communicate information security and risk-related concepts effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrate poise and creativity while working with other architects in different domain spaces to come to a common solution.
- Knowledge of NIST 800-171
All of the below are not requirements, but would bring significant value to the team:
- Information security experience with DoD and/or Intelligence Community as an employee or contractor.
- Experience in IAM, or popular cloud suppliers such as AWS or Azure would be ideal.
- Designing/creating architectures for projects or programs with enterprise impact.
- Previous experience managing or leading a technical team. The role is an individual contributor, however the ability to lead, influence, and guide others is essential.
- Ability and experience briefing senior level leaders.
- Preferred knowledge of common information security management frameworks such as ISO/IEC 27001, NIST, CMMC, and an understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.