Are you ready to join an impactful company?
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets.
The Leidos Civil Group has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager with strong technical skills to join our team. In this role, you’ll help protect a federal government agency’s information systems from cyber threats. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in cybersecurity, knowledge of federal government requirements, experience managing a SOC team, and knowledge of various security processes, tools, and technologies.
This position will be based in the Washington DC area but will have the opportunity to work remote 75% of the time.
- Lead the data-to-day operations of the SOC including senior-level technical subject matter expertise in areas such as vulnerability assessment, threat hunting, incident response, and penetration testing
- Ensure security incidents and events are identified, analyzed, and resolved in an effective manner
- Lead security tools implementation, customization, and maintenance.
- Develop and continually improve operating procedures that enable staff to proactively manage risk
- Recommend security controls to protect information systems based on ongoing reviews of security incidents, vulnerabilities, and threats
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure security requirements are met and provide on-time security reporting.
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience; must have 5+ years of SOC experience; additional work experience or training/certifications may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Advanced critical-thinking and research skills, and experience with proactive threat hunting and mitigation beyond traditional detection methods
- In-depth knowledge of security frameworks such as NIST and CISA
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, with effective verbal and written communications to both technical and executive stakeholders and proven ability to lead during a crisis
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain and an ability to think and work independently.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Top Secret clearance,
- Microsoft Sentinel experience
- Advanced certifications involving operation, maintenance, administration of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Splunk, Elastic/Kibana).
- Unix/Linux command line experience.
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Motivated self-starter and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS/HBSS, IDS/IPS, Full Packet Capture, Network Forensics.
- Familiarity or experience in the MITRE ATT&CK Framework and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.