The Integrated Solutions Division at Leidos is seeking an experienced, Agile focused professional to serve as a Senior Software Engineer. In this role, you will create, grow, and manage the software development capabilities within the Integrated Solutions Division in support of the CEGS program as well as Internal Research and Development (IRAD) activities. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience to support our customer’s mission. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting best-in-class engineering operations in a dynamic enterprise environment for a variety of customer driven emphasis items.
Qualified applicants must be self-motivated and be able to perform expertly given consistently evolving priorities. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the software engineering discipline with flawless execution.
- Responsible for developing plans, roadmaps, and technology demonstrations, and managing an IRAD projects.
- Support the Customer with engineering solutions and processes that enable agility, speed, and security - across the diverse types of opportunities and programs including software engineering and cloud solutions
- Define, maintain, update, and execute rigorous engineering tools, processes, and resources – and drive innovation into these areas
- Support on-contract growth through the development of innovative ideas and solutions to meet new customer requirements
- Support Customer meetings and demos and capability briefs in concert with the business development team.
- Provide Operation and Division Level expertise aligned to Leidos Technical Core Competencies.
- Support the building of technology strategy within the operation
- Ensure proper engineering discipline, rigor, reporting, and focus in our solutions and planning for current and new business opportunities
- Develop highly innovative solutions to resolve complex problems involving limited and disparate information through the application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation, and integration of best practices
- Serve as a technical SME interfacing with PMs and division leadership to make comprehensive recommendations and develop executable strategies
- Advise and support engineering requirements of large-scale software, major elements, and interfacing software that are part of a complex network with geographically distributed components
- Implement community policies and guidance consistent with information system requirement analysis, transition planning, and research and assistance
- Coordinate, facilitate, and verify service transitions across multiple environments including cloud infrastructures
- Support business process improvement and proposal development activities
- Provide engineering technical support to special projects as needed
- U.S. citizen with Current TS/SCI access and Polygraph
- Requires a BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in the design, development, test and implementation of space satellite ground software.
- Five or more years of experience managing large and complex projects in the customer environment including strategy and plan development, risk analysis, status reporting, and execution matrices
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts in support of Agile Principles
- Must possess a solid understanding of SAFe Agile Framework
- Current DoD 8570 certification applicable to the position (typically Security+)
- Ability to communicate effectively in technical and non-technical verbal and written correspondence with internal team members, customers, and external stake holders
- Be comfortable working on multiple software and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Cloud based application development and deployment
- Cloud development and operation experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.