Qualified applicants must be able to perform efficiently under dynamic conditions and skillfully navigate continually evolving priorities, facilitating reliable and consistent mission application data processing in a complex computing environment. Applicants will exercise comprehensive technical assessment and incident escalation procedures in order to meet or exceed prescribed Recovery Time/Point Objectives (RTO/RPO). Through the application of deep technical and critical thinking skills, expert knowledge, and highly innovative approaches to resolving complex problems, the ideal candidate will be integral to ensuring the uninterrupted performance and stability of mission processors and their associated IT infrastructure. Though this is an 8x5 position, applicants must be available to provide out-of-band support as required. Occasional out-of-band call-in support may be required.
What you will do:
- Effectively maintain increasing technical proficiency in addition to customer satisfaction and confidence
- Consistent execution of Tier 2 system availability and reliability through the direction of proactive maintenance methodologies and request fulfillment activities
- Demonstrate comprehensive technical competence in the coordination of expedient restoration of mission applications and associated functions to a fully operative state
- Coordinate and collaborate with teammates, customers, and external stake holders as required to ensure timely restoral of failed messaging system functionality
- Manage out-of-band Tier 2 call-in support requests and execute other related supporting duties as required
- Other related supporting duties as required
- U.S. citizen with an active TS/SCI with a polygraph required
- Bachelor’s Degree AND 2+ years of applicable experience
- Current DoD 8570.01m IAT-II or higher certification (e.g. Security+ CE)
- Experience supporting Tier 2 systems maintenance operations
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal team members, customers, and external stake holders across multiple technical areas
- Mission-specific technical knowledge and operations experience
- ITIL v3 Foundation or Higher Certification
Proven experience and proficiency with one or more of the following disciplines in an enterprise environment
- Unix, Linux, and/or Windows based OS and application management
- Script development and implementation (e.g. PyThon, BaSH, XML)
- Troubleshooting of complex and interconnected systems
- Usage and support of Enterprise Maintenance Management tool(s)
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment to achieve program objectives that significantly impact operational results and deliverables
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.