Leidos Maritime Systems Division has an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer, The employee will be based at San Diego, at the Point Loma Naval Base, supporting systems development at Naval Information Warfare Center, Pacific. There will be approximately 10% travel required, this position does not offer teleworking. Position requires a Secret security clearance.
EE support is sought for system design, prototyping, and testing of radiation detection systems. Tasking could include embedded system development, printed circuit board design, and network integration. The candidate will interact with radiation scientists, computer scientists, other electrical engineers, and other staff routinely on each project to garner requirements. The candidate must be able to translate requirements to electrical design, which may include using both commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) components and custom design circuits. The candidate is expected to document and present system designs using commonly accepted practices in NIWC Pac. The candidate must be able to perform routine design and test tasks independently without supervision.
- Embedded system development, printed circuit board design, network integration.
- The candidate will interact with radiation scientists, computer scientists, other electrical engineers, and other staff routinely on each project to garner requirements.
- Ability to translate requirements to electrical design, which may include using both commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) components and custom design circuits.
- Ability to document and present system designs using commonly accepted practices in NIWC Pac.
- Perform routine design and test tasks independently without supervision.
- Experience in PCB design with Altium
- Effective communications skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
- Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
The employee must:
- Have a broad technical curiosity, with a demonstrated ability to learn new subjects and skills quickly and effectively,
- Be able to effectively interact with, articulate opinions, and receive feedback from other technical team members,
- Be well-organized, detail-oriented, self-starter with good interpersonal skills,
- Have excellent technical writing and communication skills,
- Have strong computer skills,
- Have experience reading, interpreting, and understanding engineering drawings and schematics,
- Be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Knowledge of signal processing and power optimization
- Experience in software development
- Experience in system troubleshooting
- Knowledge of radiation detection systems
- Knowledge of radiation detection system test and evaluation
- Familiar with and capable of operating standard electronic test equipment: oscilloscopes, signal analyzers, frequency generators, etc.
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.