Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Substation Engineer to join our diverse and fast-paced Honolulu, HI location. As a core team member, you will be interacting with other electric utility disciplines, playing a valuable part in leading and designing high voltage utility substation projects. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS IN HAWAII.
- Perform conceptual and detailed HV and MV Substation Physical/Electrical design for utilities/substations (including basic layout, electrical arrangement, one line, three-line drawings, plan-section, grounding, AC and DC system drawings)
- Demonstrate leadership experience in executing substation protection and control projects
- Perform engineering studies and calculations
- Perform Quality Control reviews on substation physical design projects
- Assume the role of technical lead on projects with limited guidance
- Create and review bill of materials for substation physical projects
- Develop and review proposals, and scopes of work for smaller substation physical projects
- Be involved in client interaction (including site visits) with a senior, project or lead project engineer
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with the internal teams and clients to meet project objectives
- Attend site visit at customer location
- Develop leadership skills in preparation for future roles on the team
To be considered for the following levels:
- Mid Level: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and four plus (2) + years of Substation Physical design and/or Substation protection control design.
- Senior Level: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and eight plus (4) + years of Substation Physical design and/or Substation protection control design.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E) license
- Master’s degree in related field
- Working knowledge of protection and control design
- Experience with bus calculation
- Experience with WinIGS or CDEGS
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.