OCONUS Field Engineer
We are looking for a field engineer to join our international team in an exciting OCONUS location. The team is made-up of highly technical and motivated individuals. The engineer for this role will troubleshoot complex problems, as such, this individual must be an excellent problem solver and work well in a collaborative team environment. The ideal candidate will have prior experience as either a systems engineer or systems administrator. Prior OCONUS experience and IP networking knowledge are desired.
The program is composed of one team split over two locations working in different time zones. As a result, the engineer must have excellent communication skills and be flexible with regards to team work and multitasking. A demonstrated ability to perform in cross-functional teams in order to achieve results in a timely manner is desired. Previous experience with representing a company in a professional manner is also desired, as this position will involve daily interactions with customer personnel.
*** Position will require a brief temporary work assignment in Chantilly, Virginia, prior to relocating overseas on a long-term international assignment. Relocation costs to OCONUS location are included.
- Bachelor's Degree and 12+ years’ experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Applicants should have knowledge and hands-on experience in a majority of the following areas:
- Systems Engineering/Administration
- Diagnosing and resolving software, hardware, and network problems
- Linux Operating System (using command line)
- Experience with system/network monitoring tools, i.e., Cacti, Nagios, Solarwinds – using tool as well as maintaining the tool itself.
- Linux system administration to include ability to manage offline operating system repositories, apply operating system updates, provide support for virtual machines and troubleshoot Linux issues.
- Scripting experience (ability to troubleshoot issues with existing scripts written in languages like Python, Perl).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must as direct customer interaction is a key component of this position.
- Ability to work well individually, as well as within a team environment, and maintain professional behavior with all stakeholders at all times.
- Due to the nature of the work environment some physical activity is required for this job. Must be able to ascend/descend 4 to 5 flights of stairs, while at times being required to carry a box weighing between 40 and 50 pounds.
- Maintain hardware in lab, as well as at the field sites.
- Occasionally, be able to drive up to 5 hours in one day; this includes both the drive to a field site as well as back from the field site at the end of the work day.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience deploying and maintaining Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls
- Asterisk based PBX installation and configuration
- Working knowledge of Visio
Previous field experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.